In this guide, we’ll explain how to set and agree Points trips on the platform and how to navigate your Points Balance.
Setting Points Trips
If you are in conversation with another member and they are only able to offer a Points trip for the dates you are looking to travel, fret not as we have the tips to help you get the trip set and agreed!
How to set the trip type and agree the trip (step by step – Guests)
1. Head to your inbox to access your messages.
2. Open the message of the trip you would like to edit.
3. Select ‘Edit Swap’ which appears in the top right-hand corner of the discussion.
4. This will present you with ‘Trip type’ and ‘Trip dates’ which will have to be set. You may have already chosen the dates when sending the first request.
5. For ‘Trip type’, you will be presented with the option to choose between a ‘swap’ or a ‘Points swap’.
6. Once you have selected ‘Points’, select ‘Trip dates’ to make sure you are happy with your selection and then scroll down to press the blue ‘Update and Send’ button as displayed down below.
7. If you are the guest, you will now need to wait for your host to agree to the trip before you are able to do so and send the Points across. Hosts are always prompted to agree first to Points swaps on the site.
How to set the trip type and agree the trip (Hosts)
If you are a host, the above steps are all still relevant. The main difference is that you will also be able to select the amount of Points which you charge for the trip as displayed in the image below.
As the host, you will also be prompted to agree to the Points trip first (see image below)
Once you are happy with everything, go ahead and agree the trip. Your guest will then be able to book so that the Points are transferred over to you.
How will this impact my Points balance?
Once a Points trip has been officially booked on the site, this will be automatically reflected in your Points balance. This is the best way to keep track of the Point credited to and deducted from your account.
You are able to access the balance by pressing the arrow logo in the top right-hand corner of the page when you are logged in (see image below)
How do I navigate my Points balance?
As any additions or deductions are dated as well as labelled in your balance, it is easy to keep track of your Points history:
Welcome Points – Signing up bonus in your first year of membership. The amount will be dependent on which membership tier you are on
Trip – Points which are credited or deducted when you agree to a trip either as a host or guest.
Advance – These are Points you have borrowed as part of our Borrow Points Service.
Need help booking a Points Swap?