Our home was built in early 2000, it was a builders show home. The home features 3 lounge sitting areas, one being upstairs. The upstairs section features a...
Traditional family home
Traditional family home
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 5
- 2 baths
About our home
LOOKING FOR A HOME SWAP IN DEC -JAN 2016 AROUND YORKSHIRE!
Our house is a late 1980s built single storey house with a good sized garden. Perfect for families, it is situated on a suburban street in the Adelaide Hills. Surrounded by native bush land and close to all the amenities of the city. It is not unusual to see koalas and cookaburras in the tall gums or even the odd kangaroo hopping over the paddocks!
Situated in the foothills of Adelaide. It is only twenty minutes from beautiful beaches and twenty minutes to the centre of Adelaide. Close to local national park there is plenty of opportunity for bush-walking or mountain bike riding.Our home is five minutes from a local shop and pub. It's about a ten minute drive from a small centre with shops, churches, library and other community facilities. To go for serious retail therapy there is a large Westfield shopping centre about fifteen minutes drive away. There is good access to trains and buses but a car would probably be advisable.
Adelaide is renown for many festivals, (the Adelaide Festival, the Clipsal 500 and the Adelaide Fringe to name a few) wine growing regions and a rich food culture. Adelaide is home to world class sporting events and the climate is conducive to enjoying outdoor pursuits such as water sports, as well as outdoor entertainment and cafe culture.
Our house is a comfortable family home. It has two bathrooms, four bedrooms and two living areas. Out the back is an undercover area, barbecue, trampoline and swing set. It is clean and spacious. It is the kind of house that a family with young children would not have to worry too much about marks on the walls!
There is a car port and parking for a second car. There is a split system air conditioner (reverse cycle) in the main living area and fans in all rooms. The kitchen is reasonably sized with electric appliances. The main bedroom has a walk in robe and an ensuite shower room. There is an open fire formal lounge and a combustion heater in the family living area. There are many toys available and children's DVDs and Xbox. We also have a piano.
We are both secondary school teachers with three children aged 8, 6 and 3. We are easy going, open minded and respectful. We would love the opportunity to swap home and would treat your home with the greatest of care.
- Main home
- Air conditioning
- Equipped for kids
More about us
- We're a family with three children, ages 8, 6 and 3.
- We're both secondary school teachers who teach at local independent schools.
- We enjoy family trips and eating out!
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- The renown Windy Point Restaurant with expansive views of Adelaide or authentic Austrian at The Weinstadl
- Cool bars
- Popular local watering hole The Duck Inn or The Belair Hotel. Or head to Rundle Street . . .
- Cozy cafés
- A little bit of French chic in De La Paix, Leaf and Bean or
- Retail therapy
- Head to the huge Westfield Marion or down to Rundle mall in the city
- Bit of culture
- Numerous food and wine festivals, the beaches, historic Carrick Hill, Womadelaide (March), the Fringe (Feb),
- Walks in the park
- Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens, the local Minnow Creek Linear Park, Wiittunga
- Spot of exercise
- Mountain bike riding in Belair National Park or kite surfing at Brighton
- Day tripping
- Hahndorf (historic German settlement town), Fleurieu Peninsular, Monarto Wildlife Zoo, Flir, the Barossa wine region
You may also like
Our home is in the beautiful Adelaide Hills, only 15 minutes from the CBD and the beach, with the local national park full of koalas, kangaroos and emus a...
Welcome to our home in Clarendon, at the junction of the McLaren Vale & Adelaide Hills wine regions and just 30 mins from the Adelaide CBD. Luxuriate in the...