Ground level 1920s character cottage combined with a modernist architectural first floor living space. Panoramic sun filled views across Hardys Bay and into...
2 level penthouse apartment (Size 190 sq m)
2 level penthouse apartment (Size 190 sq m)
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 1 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 baths
About our home
Hello, my name is Walter Zajko. My wife's name is Angela. We are from Sydney, Australia. We have a 2 level penthouse apartment in a suburb called Alexandria, 2 km from the central business district of the city of Sydney. We prefer exchanging between 8 September 2014 until 8 October 2014, which is Springtime in Sydney. I am a retired civil engineer in my 60's and my wife is in her early 50's. Only the two of us would be involved in the exchange.
The apartment is a modern 2 level penthouse apartment (Size: 190 sq m). It is 1.5km from the edge of the city and 3kms from Sydney Harbour (Google: 33* 53' 49.33" S and 151* 11' 57.89" E). It has 2 balconies on the lower level and a balcony/terrace on the upper level of the apartment. One balcony is outside the main bedroom, another balcony is outside the lounge room, both on the lower 1st level of the apartment. There is also a huge balcony/terrace on the top 2nd level of the apartment (48 sq m) & an adjacent entertainment indoor lounge room with stereo, cable TV and and a 2nd bathroom with a toilet, shower and spa bath. The apartment can sleep 4 people, 2 in queen-size bed & 2 in pullout "day night" sofa. Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher & internal laundry with washing machine & dryer. Air conditioner on top level.
It has Sydney city views 1.5 km away to the north & absolutely stunning sunset views to the west. It is 3 minutes walk to a supermarket, butcher, organic baker, restaurants & 5 mins walking distance to 4 pubs nearby. There is a 15 metre in-ground swimming pool and grassed communal area with communal use of a gas barbeque & outdoor furniture. The apartment is 500 metre walk to Redfern railway station.
Avis, Hertz, Budget and 2 other local car hire companies (cheaper) are nearby. Security car parking using remote controlled garage door in the basement of the building, will be available to guests exclusively for their hire car.There is also a bus stop to Redfern station and beyond to Sydney city directly outside the front door of the building. Buses run to the city and return every 10 minutes up to midnight, 7 days a week. The city and its surrounds are easily visited by reliable & comfortable public transport. Even one-day trips to famous places like the Blue Mountains (West); Hunter Valley vineyards (North) and Jervis Bay (South) diving, fishing and pristine beaches are reachable by electric train from Sydney's Central station and air-conditioned coaches from Sydney city. Otherwise they are 2 to 3 hours away by hire car. We will provide you with visitor's guides for Sydney city, and one day trip areas from Sydney as well as our state (NSW) and the rest of Australia. The entire neighbourhood is surrounded with dedicated push-bike lanes which are connected to the city and nearby suburbs.
No lift, the apartment is on the 3rd top floor.
My son Christopher lives nearby and will be of assistance with the penthouse hand-over and on-going assistance during your stay.
We are tidy and clean and responsible people and we will treat your home with utmost care and respect as if it were ours.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
- No pets
More about us
- My wife and I (in our fifties and sixties) are semi-retired
- My wife is a food catering manager for a Sydney bowling club. I am a civil engineer
- We love art and entertaining and our home reflects our passion
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- The Grounds of Alexandria in Alexandria; Kepos Street Kitchen in Redfern (Mediterranean accent with Middle East twist); Mamak (Malaysian) in Chinatown; George Street in the city of Sydney is the star culinary strip of Sydney for restaurants such as Rockpool and with new ones including Mr Wong, Ananas, Café Nice and China Lane; restaurants in Crown Street Surry Hills (Baccomatto Osteria in Riley Street); and Waterloo (Porcorosso, Danks Street Depot) restaurants; Miss Peaches and Mary's restaurants in Newtown. 4 local pubs with good pub food (5min walking distance from apartment).
- Cool bars
- Rooftop bars with great views: in the city of Sydney (Ivy Pool Club, Hotel Sweeney's, Zeta Bar in the Hilton, The Glenmore Hotel - harbour views), in Newtown (Corridor, ZanziBar, The Courthouse Hotel), near Central (The Strawberry Hills Hotel) in King's Cross (Kings Cross Hotel - amazing city views) & local bar in Surry Hills called Vasco
- Cozy cafés
- Redfern (The Eathouse Diner), Danks St Waterloo (Don Campos bakery & coffee) & CBD cafes, Rag Land in Waterloo & Toast cafes 3 mins walk away
- Retail therapy
- City of Sydney major stores 10 minute away by bus, Westfields - Bondi Junction & Pitt St in Sydney CBD, Surry Hills shops in Crown Street, Oxford Street in Paddington
- Bit of culture
- Opera House, Sydney Art Gallery, The Sydney Festival - arts & free concerts ( January 9-26), Maritime Museum at Darling Harbour, Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race (Dec 26), Sydney Harbour Bridge fireworks on New Year's Eve, Carnivale Arts Festival (September)
- Walks in the park
- Waterloo Park, Alexandria Park next door, Centennial Park, Redfern Oval, Botanic Gardens, Hyde Park & Taronga Park Zoo by ferry from Circular Quay.
- Spot of exercise
- Olympic pool & gym at Prince Alfred park; Bondi, Coogee & Bronte surf beaches are 15 mins drive away & Bondi to Bronte Beach coastal cliff walking path with spectacular Pacific Ocean views; use of an on-site in-ground 15m swimming pool at the apartment grounds.
- Day tripping
- Sydney Harbour boating and ferries, Chinatown & Darling Harbour (it would take all day to explore this area), Manly Beach by ferry and Bondi Beach nearby and Sydney's other fabulous beaches, Blue Mountains to the west, Royal National Park to the south, Hunter Valley Vineyards, Lake Macquarie & Newcastle to the north, Berry in the Southern Highlands, Wollongong and the Grand Pacific Drive (coast hugging elevated motorway bridge), Jervis Bay (pristine beaches, fishing, scuba diving, snorkelling & boating)
You may also like
Avalon is an idyllic beachside village on Sydney's northern beaches. Surrounded by water, the Pittwater peninsula is where the rich and famous of Australia...
Our lovely home caters for adult entertainment as it has plenty of indoor and outdoor spaces specially designed for gatherings. If the need is for...