“Dave and Leanne were great hosts - meeting us at their house and leaving lots of useful information about the local area. We found plenty of nearby places to visit - all with interesting walks or beautiful beaches. The wildlife was plentiful with Kangaroos and lots of different birds! Their house is very comfortable and spacious with a lovely veranda and large swimming pool at the back and a second sitting room and balcony upstairs with views of St George's Basin. There is a small shopping centre a couple of minutes drive away with a supermarket, chemist, bottle shop and takeaway. All in all we had a very pleasant, relaxing stay in their beautiful home.”
Comfortable Home on the NSW South Coast
Comfortable Home on the NSW South Coast
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 baths
About our home
Our 2 storey comfy home has 3 bedrooms upstairs, comprising 2 queen beds and one double. There is a bathroom with bath and shower and a separate toilet. There is a lounge room with water views from the large deck. Downstairs is an open plan kitchen / lounge / dining area and second bathroom / laundry. The double french doors open onto a spacious covered outdoors area with a BBQ, beautiful pool and gazebo.
We live in the quiet village of Basin View (Dave has been here 45 years!) which is part of the beautiful St Georges Basin waterway in the Jervis Bay area. Our neighbours are friendly and helpful. The small local shopping centre has a grocery store, new medical centre, takeaway food outlet and a bottle shop.
Basin View is a leisurely 3 hour drive or train ride from Sydney or a 2.5 hour drive from Canberra. We are half an hour from the towns of Milton / Ulladulla and Nowra and a 15 minute drive will get you to Huskisson on the shores of Jervis Bay, famous for whale and dolphin cruises, scuba diving, snorkling and the whitest sand in the world.
We are 100 metres from the safe waters of "The Basin" which are perfect for swimming, fishing, sailing and canoeing.
YES! We do have kangaroos! They regularly feed on our front lawn at night and can easily be found nearby during the day. The local golf course is home to hundreds of 'roos and it's good for golfing also! It is one of seven golf courses within a 30 minute drive of Basin View. One for every day of the week.
Our native garden attracts a variety of birds such as Rainbow Lorikeets, Crimson Rosellas and occasionally the spectacular King Parrot. The nearby bush is home to Sulphur Crested Cockatoos and Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoos. When the south wind blows Pelicans and Eagles are often seen soaring above the trees lining the shore.
Nowra has a great little zoo where you can cuddle a koala or watch crocodile feeding - without the crowds! There is also a tree adventure park (one of only three in Australia) where you can challenge yourself on a treetop obstacle course.
Some of Australia's best beaches are within half an hour drive so you can always find a sheltered stretch of sand or some top quality uncrowded surf. The nearby Budawang Ranges have some great hikes and spectacular lookouts where you can experience the real Aussie Bush.
The Basin is the perfect place to base your NSW South Coast holiday!
- Main home
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
More about us
- Dave is now retired after 37 years working in local government as an Engineering Surveyor and Leanne cares for people with a disability in a respite home. Our two children have grown up and moved out and we now have the opportunity to do more travelling.
- We love snorkeling, snow skiing, surfing, swimming, hiking and sight seeing, We are planning to meet our daughter in Europe in May 2016 and would like to spend a week or two near the water on the Mediterranean. We would also be open to a swap in February for some northern hemisphere snow skiing. We have a caravan so we can move out to make the house available for a swap.
- Our home is easy to live in and comfortable. We have a large kitchen with dishwasher. A wood fire for the cool winter nights. It is low maintenance with mostly tile and hardwood floors. The pool is self cleaning and solar heated so we swim from October to April.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Paperbark Camp, Huskisson. Cupit's Winery, Milton
- Cool bars
- Husky Pub, Huskisson
- Cozy cafés
- Pilgrims Cafe, Huskisson
- Retail therapy
- Milton or Berry
- Bit of culture
- Aboriginal Guided Tours at Booderee National Park
- Walks in the park
- Budawang Ranges and Booderee National Park Botanical Gardens
- Spot of exercise
- Surf at Cave Beach, Canoe the Basin, Snorkle at Jervis Bay
- Day tripping
- Tree Adventure at Nowra, Berry Markets, Shoalhaven Wineries.
You may also like
Our award winning beachfront home offers the ultimate setting for a resort style holiday. The open plan living area extends onto an expansive deck...
Our comfortable and relaxing three bedroom home is in Glenhaven, NSW. The house is comfortably furnished with a beautiful bush outlook from the expansive...
.The house is located in a gated estate within Horizons Golf Resort. The resort has two swimming pools (one heated) 2 spas, sauna, volley ball court, tennis...