Our stunning modern house is across the road from Moreton Bay in Brisbane eastern suburbs. With a 5km bike track that follows the esplanade across the road,...
Beautiful leafy suburb close to Brisbane CBD
Beautiful leafy suburb close to Brisbane CBD
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 baths
About our home
Our home is an old "Queenslander", a 100 year old house, which has been fully renovated. It featured in Queensland Homes magazine in 2014. It is situated about 6 kilometres from the CBD of Brisbane city, and the city is easily and readily accessed by train or bus. The local train station is about a 12 minute walk from home, and the bus stop about 2 minutes away. The house has a large outside covered deck which is fully screened from insects - there is a barbecue and outdoor living furniture there. We have a small, very managable garden. The rooms in the house are large and bright, and the kitchen and bathrooms are new and fresh. The kitchen contains a dishwasher, microwave, an electic oven, and gas cooktop. As well as reverse cycle airconditioning in the lounge and main bedroom, most other rooms have a ceiling fan. There is a large garage and downstairs laundry. Despite our inner city location, parrots are frequent visitors to the trees surrounding our home, chattering over a mouthful of nectar from the bottle brush flowers, and you may see a cheeky possum early evening, or a bush turkey scratching in the garden next door.
Our suburb is an older inner Brisbane suburb which contains many character houses and maintains its heritage appeal. It is a quiet leafy suburb. Opposite our home is Yeronga Memorial Park, a very large park which attracts a multitude of Australian birds, including cockatoos, galahs, lorikeets and kookaburras. Within the park is a large swimming complex, including children's play areas, and there are many walking and cycle paths. The Yeerongpilly Golf Club is in close proximity. Yeerongpilly neighbours the Tennyson International Tennis complex, and is in close proximity to the Brisbane River, and the University of Queensland. Our home is halfway between the Gold and Sunshine Coasts.
- Main home
- Air conditioning
More about us
- We are a retired couple, who are addicted to travel - anywhere! We have one adult son who, with his family, currently live and work in Macau.
- Paulene worked as a social worker, and Trevor worked in many roles within the construction industry.
- We enjoy the outdoors and active pursuits - Recently we completed the 8oo kilometre Camino Walk in Spain. Paulene is interested in art, and paints a bit, gardening, and does some volunteer community work. Trevor has a strong interest in family history, and enjoys cycling and gym.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- About 5 minutes walk from our home is the brilliant Red Lotus Vietnamese Chargrill restaurant. Two shops down from there is Cafe O Mai, which provides delicious breakfasts and lunches. Many classy restaurants are in the popular Southbank precinct and surrounding suburbs.
- Cool bars
- Catch a train to the city, only 10 minutes ride, and you have your choice - trendy Southbank - the City - Fortitude Valley are popular choices for many.
- Cozy cafés
- Popular coffee cafe, Evo, is just a two minute walk from our home, with many other choices in a close vicinity.
- Retail therapy
- Two major supermarket complexes are less than a 5 minute drive. For more serious retail therapy, the city offers a choice beyond belief. Indooroopilly, Carindale and Garden City shopping centres are a 10 - 15 minute drive away.
- Bit of culture
- The Brisbane Art Galleries, museums and Performing Arts Complex are on our train line to the city, just 4 stops from our local Yeronga station.
- Walks in the park
- The extensive Yeronga Memorial Park is opposite our house, and it includes a large swimming pool complex, with children's pools and Olympic sized pools, tennis courts, walking tracks, cycle paths, a rugby union club, blind cricket, etc. On your walk you will see (and hear!) an array of native birds - cockatoos, lorikeets, galahs, kookaburras and more.
- Spot of exercise
- A choice of gymnasiums, or walk to the Brisbane River - a quiet 30 minute stroll away. The Yeerongpilly Golf Club is about a five minute drive from home, as is the Tennyson International Tennis Complex.
- Day tripping
- Our home is situated about 45 minutes from the Gold Coast and 1 1/2 hours from the Sunshine Coast, with their beautiful beaches and other attractions. Popular with tourists and locals, Dreamworld, Wild Waters, Sea World, Movieworld and Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary are situated between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo is located on the Sunshine Coast. We are about 30 minutes drive from Lone Pine Santuary where you can cuddle a koala, hand feed kangaroos, or if you are brave, wrap a snake around you. You name it, it is there. We have books available at home to choose what your preferences are, and if a car swap also occurs, our car has in-built sat. nav.