“I came to Climts house with my three kids and stayed for nearly two weeks. Awesome little house, lovely host, fantastic location. The photos really don't do justice to how quaint and homey this place is. We had a wonderful stay. Would love to come back. Thank you! ”
Charming Edwardian bayside cottage
Charming Edwardian bayside cottage
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 1 baths
About our home
We have a freshly painted 2-3 bedroom Edwardian house in a leafy garden setting in Elsternwick, Melbourne, Australia. It's in a quiet street close to the city (15 minutes by train) and the bay beaches, with nearby parks and stunning Ripponlea heritage estate at the end of the street.
The sunny, secluded back courtyard has a herb garden and lemon tree, a perfect setting for drinks, teas and barbeques. The upstairs studio loft is ideal for a third bedroom, lots of ambience, a favourite for kids. There's an open fireplace in the living room, and AC for heating and cooling for the open living area.
Only a 5 minute walk to cafes, shops, 9-hole golf course, train and tram. Ripponlea Village attracts shoppers from around the region for its street-side coffee bars and specialty shops including bakery, seafood, vegetables and delicatessens. There are two Indian restaurants as well as the Attica restaurant listed in the world's top 30.
It's then just 10 minutes walk to the Glenhuntly Road traditional shopping strip along the tramline, admired for its restaurants, bars and cafes and the Classic cinema. A 5 minute drive gets you to Elwood Beach for a swim and for the bayside walking and cycling tracks to the St Kilda promenade and the city, or along to the beaches to the south.
Elsternwick is close to the Australian Grand Prix circuit at Albert Park (March) and is 25 minutes door-to-seat by train to the MCG for the AFL finals (September) or Boxing Day test (January) – or dress up and stay on to go to Flemington Racecourse for the Melbourne Cup (November)
Voted the world's most liveable city, Melbourne delicious autumns and sunny springs are a well-kept secret to complement our sunny but mild summers, ideal for everything outdoors.
- Main home
- Air conditioning
- Equipped for kids
“Clint was thoughtful and generous in every respect and I would strongly recommend his lovely home”
More about us
- We have lived at times in England, Greece, Spain and the US.
- We are into travel, gardening, wine, music, friends and fun
- Our children live in Melbourne, Fremantle (WA) and India.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Glenhuntly Road strip shopping centre with cafes and restaurants is 5 minutes walk.
- Cool bars
- The local favourites in Ripponlea Village, or it's all happening at Chapel Street Windsor, neighbouring suburb, 2 train stops
- Cozy cafés
- Spout in Ripponlea Village 3 mins walk, Loco in Elsternwick 15 mins
- Retail therapy
- 20 mins by tram to city centre shops, 10 mins car to Chadstone shopping centre
- Bit of culture
- Classic Cinema 5 mins walk, not to mention by train it's a mere 23 minutes to be seated at the hallowed Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Walks in the park
- Rippon Lea Estate (next door!) heritage gardens, lake, fernery, tranquility. Elsternwick Park 8 minutes walk, includes 9 hole golf course.
- Spot of exercise
- Famous bayside walking/cycling track 5 mins by car
- Day tripping
- Mornington Peninsula wineries and beaches 1 hr, Great Ocean Road 2 hrs, Dandenong Ranges 1 hr, Phillip Island penguin parade 90mins.
You may also like
Our house was renovated last year with new kitchen and 2 new bathrooms, with inground pool and 2 kms from the beach in inner suburbs of Melbourne. Family...
Beautiful home newly renovated. Pool, tennis court, gym, outdoor entertainment area, pool room and two living areas, stunning views of mountains and ski...
Our house is located on 30 acres of land that has the same classification as National Park. It is located in the Strzelecki Ranges in Gippsland, in a large...