“Perfect property for our large family holiday, of 7 adults and 6 children. Spacious, with many features that suited a beach holiday. . Lovely shaded decking allowing summer meals to be enjoyed in the open air, ample kitchen and lounge spaces.. for large families. Pictures don't do this property justice. We loved our stay there, thanks Iain and Louise.”
One block from Southern Ocean
One block from Southern Ocean
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 6 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 12
- 2 baths
About our home
Our home comprises of 2 x 3 bedroom houses, situated one block from Jan Juc beach and the Great Ocean Walk Trail. Also close by is the famous Bells Beach, where the Rip Curl Pro is run every Easter.
The main house is a classic beach bungalow that has just had an interior and exterior renovation. The guest house is more modern and perfect for visitors or as an office.
The Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road area is a summer holiday haven with activities ranging from hiking and biking to world class wineries, surfing, and dining.
Jan Juc is a small coastal town with a great community feel. Torquay, 5km away, has everything you need in terms of banks, supermarkets, post office, golf courses. etc. Jan Juc beach is just 100 meters from our front door and it has great surf and is also patrolled.
Melbourne is a great destination for a day trip. It's the cultural and sporting capital of Australia with numerous galleries, street art laneways, sporting events, and shopping.
There is also a small regional airport 45 minutes away which makes it very easy to make short trips to Sydney, Tasmania, Adelaide or the Gold Coast.
- Main home
- Air conditioning
- Equipped for kids
More about us
- 2 adults with Xavier (9) and Tess (7)
- Louise is a physio, Iain works in adventure tourism
- Hoping to give our kids one big adventure in a Canadian ski area before high school
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- 5 minute walk to the very cool Swell Cafe
- Cool bars
- 5 minutes walk to the Beach Hotel and Bird Rock Cafe.
- Retail therapy
- Torquay (just across the golf course) is the Surf Capital of Australia. Surf fashion central.
- Bit of culture
- Surf Culture and Melbourne is 100km away.
- Walks in the park
- Coastal and forest walks everywhere.
- Spot of exercise
- Great biking and trail running with plenty of races. Open ocean swims, triathlons, cycling etc. We also have a beautiful yoga studio amongst the gum trees 5 minutes away.
- Day tripping
- Great Ocean Road, Melbourne, Ballarat, Daylesford, Mornington Peninsula
You may also like
Winner of 7 Design & Building awards, this stunning Mornington townhouse has featured in numerous Australian & International magazines and books. Designed by...
This home is an easy 90 minutes drive from Melbourne...the world most liveable city and can be used in conjunction with a beautiful Victorian terrace in...
10 minutes from the city center, restruants, Art Galleries and theatres. Large apartment with views of Port Phillip Bay. High (5m) ceilings, spacious rooms,...