“We had the most amazing time in Kalgan! My three kids loved it. We had adventures on the beaches and mountains and bushwalks. Excellent food in nearby restaurants and cafe's but also a well equipped kitchen when we wanted to stay home. It was great to be offline with no internet or mobile coverage and really unwind and spend time together as a family. Thank you so much Catherine for hosting us :)”
Beautiful australian stone house
Beautiful australian stone house
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 9
- 2 baths
About our home
Situated near the Kalgan river our lovely home is surrounded by rural land and bush and is the perfect place for a family holiday or a couple retreat. There's plenty to be done nearby such as bush walking, swimming at the pristine Australian beaches, canoeing, horse riding, wineries and much much more. If you're looking for something more relaxed it's perfect for that as well. Our house is a cosy quiet getaway from the city hustle bustle and being surrounded by nature you'll feel rejuvinated. The town centre of Albany is only a 20 minute drive away and a shopping centre is only 10 minutes drive.
- Vacation Home
- No pets
“A perfect countryside escape with close access to great beaches, vineyards and walks down the banks of the Kalgan river. The lack of internet and limited mobile phone availability added to the pleasure, and the presence of a "land line" gave us control of who could contact us and kept us in touch if needed. The garden with Fairy Wrens, friendly lizards flowers and frogs was a great place to relax. An ideal home for two families to cohabit with comfort and some privacy. We had a great time. Thanks Catherine and Steven”
More about us
- We're a couple with young adult children
- Steven is a professor of environmental economics at UWA and I teach French to people who love France.
- We love where we live but from time to time we have the need to see elsewhere or visit the family in France.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Albany is 20 min drive with a nice selection of restaurants
- Cool bars
- Liberté at the London hotel, Six degrees and the Earl of Spencer , Rat's bar , the three Anchors, Due South
- Cozy cafés
- Kate's place ,Alkaline cafe, Bay merchants
- Retail therapy
- Nice little boutiques like Infinito, Vic and Velour and Riccarda
- Bit of culture
- Albany is the first settlement of Western Australia and as such has a rich heritage.
- Walks in the park
- the bush and the beautiful beaches are more than a park
- Spot of exercise
- hiking ,swimming ,canoeing on the Kalgan river bush walking in the Porongurup our own little mountains
- Day tripping
- Denmark is a very lovely day outing with it's alternative vibes , internationally recognised vineyards and music festivals
You may also like
This huge holiday home is an old converted railway shed, set in beautiful rural land, with resident kangaroos and emus. . There is a huge deck with a...
Built in 1983, it has recently undergone some major renovations including new modern kitchen and bathrooms and a stunning lap pool, outdoor entertainment /...
Situated on the beach in beautiful Albany this is a great launch pad to discover the South West of Western Australia. Set up and kid friendly. Walk through...