Our modern open plan home by the ocean was built in 2014 and is in a quiet residential area of Kiama, close to the beach and beautiful coastal walks. We have two bedrooms with queen beds, one on each level, and a lounge with TV on each level, two bathrooms, a spacious kitchen, a laundry room and a study. We have two decks at the front of the house with seating and ocean views, and a rear deck with a covered dining area. (There are a further two bedrooms which are not available to guests.) Internet access will be available. We have both heating and air conditioning.
The picturesque town of Kiama, just a 2-hour drive south of Sydney, offers a diverse range of natural wonders. It is beautifully located on a natural harbour, offering boutique shopping, an active café society and plenty of open spaces to have a picnic or just enjoy the views.
Kiama is the meeting point between rolling green hills – criss-crossed by historic drystone walls and dotted with cows - and the coastal majesty of stately rock formations.
Local attractions include:
• Kiama Blowhole, located next to the Kiama Lighthouse, and the Little Blowhole, not far from our house
• Minnamurra Rainforest Centre to experience the splendour of the rainforest
• Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk
• Wineries (vineyards) in the Shoalhaven Coast wine growing region
• Picturesque villages nearby include Berry, Gerringong, Gerroa and Kangaroo Valley.
• 1-hour drive to Jervis Bay, world’s largest natural bay with outstanding natural beauty, whale and dolphin-watching tours available daily
• Swimming, kayaking, boating, fishing, stand-up paddle boarding and surfing.
Kiama railway station is a 15-minute walk away and there are frequent trains into Sydney (2-hour journey) and Wollongong (45 mins journey). There is a large supermarket in Kiama and we have a local grocery store, off-licence, café and fish and chip takeaway only 5 minutes’ walk away. We are well served by doctors and dentists and the nearest hospital is a 15-minute drive away at Shellharbour. Shellharbour also provides a large shopping mall, cinema and more restaurants. The drive to Sydney Airport is 1.5 hours.