“We had the most superb holiday staying in Sue and Andrew's beautifully restored terrace in the heart of Sydney, almost under the Harbour Bridge, and next to The Rocks... so characterful and loved that we could feel the sense of history all around us - this was the spot of the first Sydney settlers. We were seconds walk away from some of the oldest pubs in Sydney, with numerous fantastic restaurants on all sides. A few minutes walk from circular quay and the ferries, the Museum of Contemporary Art and Sydney Opera House, as well as the upgraded wharves and all they had to offer. Although in the heart of Sydney it is one of the quietest spots with virtually zero traffic. Sue was a great communicator from the word go so we managed to sort everything out easily even though we never met in person! An absolutely excellent place to be for the Sydney New Year fireworks! Thanks Sue and Andrew, a holiday experience we will not forget.”
Beautiful Victorian terrace in central location
Beautiful Victorian terrace in central location
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 1 baths
About our home
Our lovely, spacious, family-friendly home was built in 1876 - it is heritage-listed and has just been fully restored.
The room configuration is:
1 x master bedroom with QB
1 x guest bedroom with DB
1 x attic bedroom with KS and single mattress
1 x attic bedroom with KS
1 x large family bathroom
1 x extra WC and utility
2 x reception rooms
1 x separate dining room.
The fully equipped kitchen has a large oven, gas cooktop, cast-iron gas-fuelled pot-belly and espresso coffee machine.
Sunny dining room seats 8-10 and opens onto a private courtyard with a BBQ and outdoor tables and chairs.
Two spacious living rooms - an open-plan informal TV room / home gym (with exercise bike and rowing machine), and an airy sitting room with a working fireplace.
The family bathroom is huge with separate WC/shower and double-ended claws foot bath. The house also has a separate second WC and washbasin.
The master bedroom and second bedroom are identical in size and they both have an ornamental fireplace and French doors leading out to a private veranda overlooking Sydney Harbour.
The other two bedrooms are gorgeous attic bedrooms - one with fantastic harbour views - perfect for children or singles.
There is Wifi and multiple data points all over the house. The house is serviced by a cleaner. Bed linen, towels, and basic cooking ingredients are provided.
The house is in a quiet but central location at the edge of The Rocks (famous for its cafes, restaurants, shops, markets and heritage architecture) - and walking distance from all the Sydney sights including the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Opera House, art galleries, museums, Darling Harbour and Sydney CBD shopping. Local parks include Barrangaroo Park, two kids playgrounds and the Royal Botanic Gardens. The house is also easy walking distance to buses, trains and ferries that take you to Bondi Beach, Manly or anywhere in Sydney.
We love our house and love living in Millers Point - it's a truly an amazing place.
- Main home
- Air conditioning
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
“This is an amazing home, the location is unbeatable and makes for a very special experience of Sydney. We're so grateful to have been given the opportunity to stay at Sue's beautiful home. We had a wonderful time exploring all around the Rocks and we were able to walk everywhere. Seeing the harbour bridge outside the door and the Sydney Opera House minutes from the house just doesn't get old. Can't enthuse enough about how special this heritage home is, and how accommodating Sue and her family were. We need more than five stars to rate this swap!!”
More about us
- We're a professional couple with two very quiet teenage boys
- We love exploring new places, especially history, art, architecture, engineering and music.
- We love our home and would treat anyone else's home with the same tender loving care.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- The area has dozens of restaurants within walking distance - ranging from 'great value' to 'lavish'. We regularly eat out at the the local modern Italian, Japanese, Indian and French restaurants.
- Cool bars
- The area is famous for its historic pubs and there are numerous cool waterside bars within 5 minutes walk
- Cozy cafés
- The area has many terrific cafés within walking distance
- Retail therapy
- The Sydney CBD is 20 minutes walk or a short bus ride away
- Bit of culture
- The Museum of Modern Art, Sydney Theatre Co, and Sydney Opera House are easy walking distance. The Art Gallery of NSW and Museum of Sydney are within 30 minutes walk
- Walks in the park
- Barrangaroo Headland Park is 5 minutes walk, and the Sydney Botanical Gardens are 20 minutes walk.
- Spot of exercise
- It's easy to cycle around the area - there are bike paths through the CBD and out to the Eastern suburbs and Centennial Park.
- Day tripping
- Buses, trains and ferries leave from 10 minutes walk away and take you all over Sydney or up to the Blue Mountains.
You may also like
our townhouse is 16 years old , its modern , private and bright and modern .its incredibly easy to clean and we have a pool guy who cleans the pool ( which...
Our home is in the beautiful suburb of Vaucluse just ten to fifteen minutes from Sydney CBD. The house is very large and has been recently redecorated. The...
We have a spacious apartment just metres from one of Sydney's best surf beaches. Our place is fresh, modern and well-equipped. It comes with a sunny garden...