We have a large 4 bedroom, 2 storey home in a quiet leafy inner suburb of Australia's beautiful capital city - Canberra.
The house is perfect for families:
- polished floorboards throughout
- 4 bedrooms (two rooms have queen beds, one has a king single and the fourth has a cot and change table or we can set it up with a king single bed)
- separate lounge, dining and study spaces
- 2 bathrooms (1 upstairs, 1 downstairs)
- the large master bedroom upstairs has a cozy balcony overlooking the streetscape on which to enjoy meals or a drink
- high speed cable and wi-fi internet
- 3 adult bicycles
- front and back yard, including an orchard
- wood-fired BBQ.
No garden maintenance required and no pets to look after. The house is child friendly with lots of toys to suit children under school age.
A bus stop is 300m way and local shops with a supermarket and cafés are only 5 minutes walk away. It's less than 10 minutes drive to national attractions like the National Gallery, Parliament House, Old Parliament House, the National Library, the High Court and Questacon. The Australian National University and the National Museum are only 15 minutes drive away.
Canberra is surrounded by native Australian mountain bushland, offering endless bushwalks, exploration, and country outings. It's 2 hours drive to the coast, 2 hours drive to the snowfields (in winter) or alpine walks (in summer).
We have a great opportunity to spend a year in England from late June 2017 and would love to swap houses with a couple or a family that live somewhere around Reading, the western side of London or elsewhere in that region. Long-term swaps would be preferred but we'll also consider, shorter swaps of at least a month, a points swap or rental during that time. If we swap houses we are also happy to consider swapping cars.
If you'd like some local knowledge, we would be happy to offer some information and advice. We look forward to hearing from you! :-)