This spacious two-bedroom 1908 heritage listed apartment ( see http://vhd.heritagecouncil.vic.gov.au/places/744) is located right in the centre of Melbourne...
Great base for exploring Melbourne
Great base for exploring Melbourne
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 2 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 baths
About our home
Our home is a detached renovated Victorian cottage in the historic centre of the beautiful beachside suburb of Sandringham.
The property has two comfortable bedrooms (master bedroom + second bedroom with a bed that can be either one single, two singles or convert into another double) both with ample storage.
There is a new kitchen/dining area (including dishwasher, gas oven, microwave, fridge freezer, coffee machine) and bathroom with separate bath/shower and laundry area. The home has a great lounge with air conditioning, ducted heating, cable TV, TV and blueray player. Polished floorboards throughout and high ceilings give a feeling of space and light and there are a number of original features that reference the Victorian heritage of the home.
Large bi-fold doors allow the back of the house to be fully opened up onto the garden, which features a paved area, raised garden beds, water feature, deck, outside table and chairs as well as a BBQ, a great place to unwind relax at the end of the day.
This location offers the best of both worlds, a quiet beachside home yet still close enough to the city to benefit from all Melbourne as to offer. You can kick back and enjoy the local café scene and beach walks or join in the buzz of vibrant Melbourne. A great location all year round.
The house is situated on a quiet road, less than a five minute walk to Sandringham beach and village shops (including a regular farmers market) local tennis, yacht or Aussie Rules Football club. Less than a five minute walk away there are two local play parks if you have small children. Hampton is a ten minute walk away for even more great eating and shopping options.
The rail station is a five minute walk for the short journey into the centre of Melbourne - MCG for cricket, Rod Laver Arena for the Australian Open and the Grand Prix at Albert Park as well as world class art galleries, restaurants and entertainment.
Bike paths along the esplanade allow you to discover the wonderful Bayside area and there are a number of local parks to explore.
We are originally from England and we would love an exchange with a property in the UK for 3-5 weeks. Our dates are pretty flexible but our preferred options are listed. However if you are from elsewhere in the world (near or far) and are interested please do get in touch. Please be assured that we would be extremely respectful of any property we stay in and would treat it as we do our own. We are a non-smoking household.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
- No pets
More about us
- We are a couple with one son (15) who may accompany for part of the time on our travels
- Roy is a Company Director and Wendy is a Project Manager at a large University
- We are originally from the UK and are especially interested in London or Essex based swaps but do contact us wherever you are from !
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Hobsons Stores, Sandringham Hotel and too many to mention in Hampton and Brighton
- Cool bars
- Brown Cow in Hampton, or grab a beer and look out over the sea at The Sandringham Hotel
- Cozy cafés
- Boathouse Cafe, Limoncello, Foodies Deli and cafe
- Retail therapy
- Church Street in Brighton, Southland Shopping Centre, Melbourne Laneways
- Bit of culture
- National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne Museum
- Walks in the park
- local play parks for children, along the foreshore for the grown ups!
- Spot of exercise
- local tennis club, cycle along the esplanade, sailing
- Day tripping
- into Melbourne city, Mornington Peninsula or furher afield to Great Ocean Road or Country Victoria
You may also like
Our apartment is located in Melbourne's historic and friendly theatre district right next to some of Melbourne's trendiest bars, restaurants and shops. It's...
I bought this house because it had soul. I loved the how I felt when I walked through it and into the magical garden. Its not perfect but I like it that...