Architect-designed, our home is half a duplex, with living/kitchen/deck on the upper level amongst the trees, offering a small sea view. It's built on the side of a gently sloping hill and borders a local park so it's leafy and private. Three bedrooms, and garage are on the ground level, with a veggie garden and indigenous garden further down the slope adjoining the park. The main bedroom has a queen bed, walk-in robe and ensuite, while the second bedroom has a double bed and the third a single bed, plus loft with a single mattress. It's a quiet residential neighbourhood, lots of birdsong and the sound of the sea when there's a swell running down at the beach.
A patrolled swimming beach and the beautiful Noosa National Park are both 5 minutes walk away. The Noosa National Park offers a variety of hiking/running trails. Sunshine Beach Village features a range of restaurants, cafe's and take-aways, as well as deli, bottle shops, small supermarket and the popular Surf Club with its spectacular ocean views.
Surfing fanatics can choose from one of Noosa’s world famous point breaks or an uncrowded beach break between Sunshine Beach and Peregian Beach, a little village 15 minutes drive away. Nature lovers are in for a treat with plant, animal, fish and bird species in abundance, as well as humpback whales passing by twice a year.
Things to do:
• Stroll down for a refreshing swim between the flags on laid back Sunshine Beach, followed by a freshly roasted coffee from Costa Noosa, specialist coffee retailer
• Stimulate your appetite with an early morning walk, wallaby and koala spotting, though the National Park. After breakfasting along Hastings St, take a different trail home
• Explore the Eumundi Markets (Wed and Sat), famous for local cuisine, produce and crafts
• Experience a day cruise across Lakes Cooroibah and Cootharaba to The Everglades, surrounded by stunning reflections on the upper reaches of the Noosa River
• Take a day trip to World Heritage Fraser Island and marvel at rainforest growing on a sand island
• Paddle around the rocky headland of the scenic Noosa National Park in a hired kayak spotting dolphins, maybe even a whale breaching or blowing in season
• Saunter along Hastings St (overlooking beautiful Laguna Bay) to shop or window gaze, sampling foods from one of the variety of restaurants that Noosa is famous for
• Choose a different dining locality each day, with Sunshine Beach, Noosa Heads, Noosaville and Tewantin, all close by
• Hire a bike to cycle to Peregian Beach for a gastronomic brunch in the cute town centre, or to explore the many local cicuits. (Noosa Shire is a green, bike friendly community.)
• Spend a day exploring the Noosa Hinterland- discover local galleries, stop for tea and scones, or meander through lush rainforest enjoying the rich birdlife
• Hike a section of a Great Walk – with the new Cooloola track or the established Conondale Ranges to choose from