“I loved everything about my stay in Hobart in Juliet's house: the garden, the deck overlooking the sea, the sound of the waves at night, the beach below and the walks along the shore not to forget the very friendly neighbours. Taroona is a very pleasant suburb and it is easy to go to town with public transport. Tasmania has many charms and one week was too short to explore them all.”
Beautiful house nestled between the beach and the mountain
Beautiful house nestled between the beach and the mountain
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 baths
About our home
The house was built in 2005, with large rooms and a feeling of space and light. There is off street parking for 2 cars.
We live beside a beautiful beach for swimming, fishing and snorkelling. The house is open plan with every room opening onto large verandas. The landscaped gardens surround the outdoor living areas. There are 3 large bedrooms, the main bedroom has en-sweet bathroom and walk in wardrobe. They all have double beds and views over the garden or beach.Extra beds are available if needed.
There is a large games room/ teen retreat. This features table tennis, pool and soccer table, darts ,flat screen tv and lounge suite. There is a cupboard of toys including cricket,soccer,board games and lego.
The living area is large open plan combining leather lounge suite and dining room and kitchen. Glass sliding doors open onto the verandah merging outdoor and indoor living. Views are over the sea. There is a reverse cycle heat pump and panel heaters in every room.
The kitchen is modern with a conduction stove top, self cleaning Bosch oven and a Miele dishwasher. The laundry is adjacent with dryer and washing machine.there is a roller door storage area at the front containing boats, surf boards etc
The downstairs bathroom has a bath and toilet. Upstairs their is a shower with hand basins and a separate toilet. The main bedroom is en sweet to this bathroom.
There are two outdoor dining areas complete with gas BBQ and a small feature pond.
There is a bicycle path along the beach leading to a park nearby, tennis courts, skate park and bowling green.
Taroona is a quiet leafy suburb about 10 km from the centre of Hobart. There are regular bus services at the top of the street. I am also interested in a car swap and have a reliable efficient Prius 4 door 5 seater sedan.
Tasmanian is an island State of Australia. We are famous for our World Heritage Wilderness and beaches. There are walks starting from our house. Mount Wellington towers over Hobart offering walking trails and snow in winter. Hobart has a wonderful market at Salamanca show casing our home grown wines and organic food. Crafts and design products.About 3 years ago the Museum of Old and New Art opened to international acclaim. The trip up the river to MONA sets the stage for an amazing experience. Tasmania is also known for its historical buildings including Port Arthur a restored penal colony complete with ghost tours. There are festivals and celebrations throughout the year giving an opportunity to mingle with the locals.However staying at our house and lazing down the beach is always a good option
- Main home
- Equipped for kids
- Air conditioning
- No pets
More about us
- we are a professional couple. I am a doctor and my partner is a photographer. We have a 12 year old son.
- Europe this year to travel. We love culture and nature
- Our home is in a quiet area were you can hear the waves breaking. The house merges interior and exterior through extensive use of glass and large open rooms. I love living here. Tasmania is full of nature, good food and wine, history and festivals/ Theeeeeeere is always a festival or ce;ebration. The community are friendly and supportive. I think you will love it here as well
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Prosser seafood restaurant is down the road. Hobart offers many choices show casing our wines, beers and wonderfull food
- Cool bars
- Knopwoods in Salamanca has atmosphere and wide selection of beverages
- Cozy cafés
- Taroona bakery and cafe has home made cakes, breads pies and local produce is 5 minutes walk
- Retail therapy
- Salamanca market on a Saturday has many stalls with wines, food , craft and design work at reasonable prices
- Bit of culture
- MONA the museum of old and new art is an international phenomena. The theatre royal is the oldest theatre in Australia and we have our own Sympathy Orchestra
- Walks in the park
- There is a large park 5 minutes away as well as beach walks
- Spot of exercise
- The sandy clean beach is greta for swimming, fishing and snorkelling. Taroona also has tennis courts,skate park and abowling green. The Uni Gym is about 10 minutes drive. We have over a million hectares for hiking nd camping.
- Day tripping
- MONA is a must with a scenic trip up the river. Mount Field national Park offers waalks, scenery and wild life. The Tasmanian Peninsula has a spectacular eco boat cruise viewing whales, seals and clifts. Port Arthur was a penal colony has been restored and is well worth a day trip. There are many wineries offering tastings, food and entertainment. Cradle Mountain World Heritage area attracts visitors from around the world.
You may also like
Our stunning modern home was reconstructed in late 2008 with 10 metre lap pool, open plan living, large deck and magnificent 180deg river views. Situated in...
Our home is a destination in itself. Fabulous views, easy living and dining rooms with large decks, modern kitchen and outdoor barbecue and pizza oven and...
Our home is a large brick home located in S Sandy bay at the end of a no through tree lined street that ends in a reserve. The Derwent River is close along...