Our large 4 bedroom home is located in the seaside village of Thirroul, about an hour’s drive south of Sydney. The beach is at the end of our street and we are a short walk to shops, cafes, restaurants and express train service to Sydney.
The ground floor has the main bedroom with a queen size bed and ensuite bathroom. Also on the ground floor is a well equipped kitchen, an open plan family/TV room with a large TV, separate dining and lounge rooms, a laundry and a second bathroom. Upstairs there are three more bedrooms (a queen, 2 doubles – one with a sofabed) as well as a bathroom with a separate shower, bathtub and toilet.
Outside there are lovely places to relax in the private garden with a quiet drink after a day at the beach or sight-seeing, with the sound of the surf in the distance. If you dine at home, you can pick vegetables and herbs from our garden to prepare a gourmet dinner. We will provide someone to look after the lawns and gardens.
There are many activities both locally and a little further away in Sydney and Canberra.
* Swimming and surfing – Thirroul has a patrolled beach as well as an Olympic sized ocean water swimming pool
* Walking – seaside and forest, see natural Australian flora and fauna
* Bike riding - a 15 km cycle path from Thirroul follows the Pacific Ocean and its beautiful beaches and headlands. Our two bicycles and helmets are available for your use.
* Fishing – beach and rock fishing
* Picnics – lots of great spots nearby for picnics
* Dining out – cafes, restaurants, hotels in Thirroul as well as in nearby villages, Wollongong and Sydney
* Theatre – there are theatres in Thirroul and Wollongong or you may choose to travel to Sydney for special events at Sydney's Opera House
* Wineries - south coast and southern highlands (less than 1 hour by car), Hunter Valley (3 hours by car)
* Hang gliding and para gliding – Stanwell Park, north of Thirroul
* Whale watching – whale may be spotted during their annual migration between May and November
A short distance away:
* Sydney (1 hour by car) - Opera House (World Heritage site), Harbour Bridge, the Rocks, Manly and Bondi beaches, Sydney Olympic Park (2000 Olympics)
* Canberra (3 hours by car) - new parliament house, Art Gallery, an amazing War Memorial, Lake Burley Griffin, wineries
* Blue Mountains - 1.5 hours by car, includes many national parks, listed as a World Heritage site