“We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Woonona. Perfect for the beach, Sydney and Canberra. The house was absolutely beautiful and we were sorry that we could not stay longer. The views across to the escarpment and the sea were just gorgeous. A welcome pack awaited our arrival which was very thoughtful and the house was just like stepping into a Homes and Country magazine review . I would certainly recommend this home exchange. ”
Family Home - Australian sun, sand, surf.
Family Home - Australian sun, sand, surf.
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 baths
About our home
Recently renovated and extended home with lovely escarpment and sea views, only a 5 minute drive to some of the best surf beaches in our area.
Our property is in a friendly neighbourhood featuring open plan kitchen, dining and living room, which opens through large bifold doors to a spacious deck with beautiful escarpment views. We BBQ, entertain, eat and relax on the deck more than 8 months of the year thanks to our great climate! Upstairs, there are also 3 bedrooms (one with ensuite), separate bathroom and sunroom/playroom. Downstairs is a spacious light-filled room that is great as another living area or guest accommodation (up to six) with ensuite and laundry. This room opens through huge bifold doors to another deck and lawns, productive vegetable garden, chook house and children’s cubby.
A great location if you like sunshine, swimming and beach sports, cycling and bushwalking. We have bikes and a surfboard you could use. Our home is ideal for families with kids as we have kids ourselves and many toys to share. Equally, our home could be a great retreat for someone of any age or stage, and a good base within easy reach of Sydney.
Our kitchen is fully equipped, and fresh organic eggs and vegetables for you are just out the back door! Woonona's cafes and restaurant are a short stroll away, or drive to award winning restaurants at Wollongong Harbour and city.
We are an easy 80 minute train journey (or drive) through the Royal National Park to central Sydney, for sightseeing, entertainment, shopping and more. A good base from which to explore the Southern Highlands and NSW South Coast.
Our 2005 Toyota Avensis Verso (7-seater) or 2001 Lexus IS200 (5 seater) would be available with a car exchange.
Our home is perfectly located to provide a gateway to the magnificent natural environment of the Grand Pacific Drive, and its picturesque villages, surf breaks and mountain top lookouts.10 minutes drive north of Wollongong City, and about 80 minutes south of the centre of Sydney.
- Surf and family beaches at Woonona, Bulli, Thirroul, Austinmer & more
- Swim in saltwater pools (adult and kids pools)
- Play at Thirroul Beach and other parks
- Ride a beach-side path to Wollongong or mountain bike the Escarpment trails
- Rock and spear fishing
- Bushwalking in Royals National Park, with spectacular views
- Explore Wollongong Botanic Gardens
- Visit Symbio Wildlife Park - feed the kangaroos and pat a koala
- Stunning views and hang gliding at Stanwell Tops
- Shopping, pubs, cafes, restaurants and entertainment in Wollongong city
- Seafood at one of the many Harbourfront restaurants
- Day trip by train to Sydney for sightseeing, shopping and entertainment
We love to travel during the school holidays and are open to offers from anywhere!
- Main home
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
More about us
- We are a happy family of six, with well behaved children aged 7, 5, 4 and 2
- Dan is a high school teacher, Marg is now a full time mum after a career in Finance
- Looking to exchange during Australian NSW School Holidays - open to any destination!
Where is it?
You may also like
This is a holiday house in Jervis Bay a nature paradise in Australia. Very safe area and with plenty of sports activities and great communication. This...
Centrally located, a short hop over the Harbour Bridge from the CBD, Circular Key, the Rocks and Opera House, our spacious, contemporary apartment is on the...
SheOak Aptly named the “beach shack”, this black box sits within the Casuarina estate on a beach-front lot. The brief was to develop a house that was...