The Penthouse Apartment has 2 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and there is also a second one bedroom (twin bed) Apartment immediately below the Penthouse which...
Modern apartment very close to gondola
Modern apartment very close to gondola
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 1 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 baths
About our home
Located just across the Glazne river from the main gondola station, this apartment offers one of the most convenient locations for access to the slopes. From the balcony you get views to the mountains in the distance.
Modern 1 bedroom apartment. Bedroom with double bed. Sofa bed & chair bed in the lounge-diner provides additional sleeping. Lounge-diner includes kitchen with cooker, microwave, fridge, kettle etc, plus crockery & utensils. Dining table seats 4. Shower room with WC. Hallway to leave your coats and shoes etc. Admire the views across the gardens of the adjoining complex and over to the mountains from the balcony.
Own ski locker for leaving your boots and skis
All crockery and utensils provided. Bed linen and towels provided.
Apartment can be accessed by lift or by stairs.
Reception on site for collection of keys and for advice.
Spa facilities available at neighbouring complex for additional charge. Hot tub available in Cedar Lodge (small charge may be payable locally).
Interaction with guests:
I will not be in Bansko, but will be able to help by email or text. The complex manager will be available to deal with any issues or queries that may arise and to ensure you have an enjoyable stay. He is also able to help arrange trips, activities and hire.
No smoking or pets.
A 100 euro damage/loss deposit will be taken on arrival and refunded on departure following inspection of the apartment.
A cleaning charge of 35 euros will be charged for stays of 6 nights or shorter and collected locally.
Just a short distance down the road is a modern shopping mall with a Carrefour supermarket, whilst cross the Glazne river and the renowned restaurants of the Kempinski Hotel and the Victoria are just a stone's throw away, along with the newer Log Cabin restaurant and some of the resorts newest bars and clubs. From here, it's a pleasant walk past the town ice rink and down to the attractive old town where there are many traditional restaurants.
The main gondola to the slopes is just a few hundred metres away - cross the Glazne river and you're at the gondola car park.
Things to do:
The resort is well served by a modern and efficient gondola and modern ski-lift infrastructure. Snows are generally good from late December through to April and are complemented by an array of snow cannons. The resort is particularly good for beginners and intermediates with 8 blue and 11 red runs, combined with a variety of ski schools, including the excellent Bansko Ski School. There is plenty of variety with over 65km of pistes, including a 16km run back into town. Night skiing is also an option on the floodlit 7km slope.
Bansko is not just for winter, with a wide range of summer activities making this an ideal all-year-round holiday destination. There's fantastic hiking to be had in the Pirin mountains, with marked trails for all levels and guides available in town. Mountain biking is also very popular for all levels. Other activities include white water rafting, horse riding and canoe/kayaking. The annual Jazz Festival takes place in August and is followed shortly afterwards by an Opera Festival (check websites for exact dates).
Just a short drive from Bansko is Dobrinishte, a spa resort with mineral springs and natural hot waters, where you will also find a large open air swimming pool where you can bathe in the mineral waters.
Being in the South-West of Bulgaria, for those with a car, Bansko can form part of a two-centre holiday including a stay in Greece (check restrictions with your car hire company).
Budget flights from the UK, include Wizz Air from Luton and Easyjet from Manchester and Gatwick to Sofia.
British Airways fly from Heathrow and Bulgaria Air (air.bg) from Gatwick.
Transfer time to Bansko approx 3 hours.
Major car rental companies available at airport.
Or arrange an airport transfer -there are many transfer companies or a transfer can be arranged through the Cedar Lodge managing agent.
There is also a public service coach from Sofia to Bansko, or for those not in a hurry the train service including the narrow gauge railway for the last part of the trip to Bansko.
- Vacation Home
- Cable TV
- No pets
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- The Loghouse provides a great place to eat or have a drink, just down the road from the apartment. Food ranges from pizza to local dishes, in an alpine style log-house! Just a short walk from the apartment is the renowned Victoria restaurant and for fine dining the Kempinski hotel restaurant.
- Cool bars
- Lots of new bars in the area around the gondola.
- Cozy cafés
- The old town centre, founded in the 10th century, offers picturesque streets and great value dining in the traditional restaurants or Mehanas.
- Retail therapy
- Just at the end of the road is the Bansko Mall. As well as ski related shops, it also has a Carrefour in the basement - ideal for any supplies you might need.
- Bit of culture
- The old town centre, founded in the 10th century, offers picturesque streets, alongside lots of restaurants and shops.
- Walks in the park
- There's fantastic hiking to be had in the Pirin mountains, with marked trails for all levels and guides available in town.
- Spot of exercise
- Skiing of course in winter -the resort is particularly good for beginners and intermediates with 8 blue and 11 red runs, combined with a variety of ski schools, including the excellent Bansko Ski School. There is plenty of variety with over 65km of pistes, including a 16km run back into town. Night skiing is also an option on the floodlit 7km slope. As well as hiking, mountain biking is also very popular for all levels. Other activities include white water rafting, horse riding and canoe/kayaking.
- Day tripping
- Just a short drive from Bansko is Dobrinishte, a spa resort with mineral springs and natural hot waters, where you will also find a large open air swimming pool where you can bathe in the mineral waters.