Location Location - this is it. Perched above Snug Cove with great views of the marina and a 2 minute walk to a swimming beach. Steps to the ferry and Snug...
Cozy Island family home
Cozy Island family home
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 10
- 1 baths
About our home
We live 5 min walk to a local beach and a forested park, 10 min stroll to the village centre where shops, restaurants, the harbour, kayak rentals and the ferry terminal, are located. We're a 15 min ferry ride to mainland and only 20 minutes by city bus to downtown Vancouver.
We love nature: swimming, sailing, kayaking, hiking up our mountain or walking around the lakes of our paradise island, but we have friends and family ties elsewhere on our fragile and beautiful planet. So once in a while we leave here to re-connect with them. What better way to do that than to meet up in another land and cook, walk, swim, read, see the sights and relax together, while another family does likewise in our home?
We will love and respect your house and we hope you will treat ours likewise:)
- Main home
- Cable TV
- No pets
More about us
- We are a family: Mom, Dad, adult daughter, adult niece, and grandfather
- Silvaine and her daughter are filmmakers, our nice is a photographer, Hans is an electrical engineer, and Hermann is retired
- We all love nature and reading. Silvaine and Natasha love speaking many languages, we all love learning about history and cultural connections, and we three ladies are also gourmet cooks.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Le Bistro, The Tuscany, Artisan Eats, The Old Orchard, The Sushi Bar and Doc Morgan's are all yummy.
- Cool bars
- The Pub and Doc Morgan's both feature food, local beers and live music...
- Cozy cafés
- The Snug, The Village Baker, The Ruddy Potato are all popular, but beyond that we have Cocoa West: an addictive organic chocolatier in Artisan Square as well as a Prize winning Coffee Roaster
- Retail therapy
- We have wonderful selections of clothing including the home base of the Movement yoga wear line.
- Bit of culture
- Bowen Island Arts Council is very active and publishes a weekly online calendar of events. Bowen is considered the third most artistic community in Canada. We are home to many film makers, writers, visual artists including master gardeners.
- Walks in the park
- Besides Crippen Regional Park we also have a ocean promenade at Cape Roger Curtis and several small local Parks
- Spot of exercise
- Two minutes from our front gate Yyou can walk, hike, run on our forest paths or swim, sail, kayak around Bowen. There is Zumba and soccer and badminton, Yoga of almost every style
- Day tripping
- A hike up Mount Gardner and back is a rugged five hour round trip from our doorstep.
You may also like
completed in 2012, our ocean front open concept home has vaulted ceilings and floor to ceiling windows. there are magnificent ocean and mountain views from...
Completely renovated in 2016. Decks surround. Fully fenced yard. A short walk to beaches and trails of Bowen Island. Bowen is a charming quiet retreat...