About our home
Our home is a beautiful timber frame property that has been architecturally designed to take full advantage of the fantastic mountain views and natural light.
This is our second home and has been built with the purpose of being able to gather our family and friends and for us all to take advantage of the many recreational opportunities this stunning part of the world has to offer.
Canmore is a funky mountain town with many shops, cafes and restaurants which are all within strolling distance of our home. Additionally world famous Banff National Park is literally on the doorstep and Banff townsite a 20 minute drive.
In the summer, hiking, mountain biking, road biking, fishing, horse riding and sight seeing are just some of the activities on offer. In the winter, skating, snowshoeing and world class nordic skiing facilities are available locally and 4 downhill ski areas are within an hours drive of the town. A 2 hour drive will access two further world class ski hills.
The main living area is of an open plan concept and we have 4 bedrooms that will comfortably accommodate 8 people with the capacity to take a couple more. There is a fenced yard with a hot tub to soak in after all the strenuous activity undertaken!
Please look at the Travel Alberta Video - link below
- Vacation Home
- Cable TV
- No pets
In the Know
- Buzzy restaurants
- The Crazy Weed; The Trough; Rocky Mountain Flatbread Co.
- Cool bars
- The Drake for comfort bar food and live music; The Grizzly Paw for food and local beer
- Cozy cafés
- The Rocky Mountain Bagel Co. ; Beamers Coffee
- Retail therapy
- Walking up and down the main street browsing in the many boutiques
- Bit of culture
- Banff Performing Arts Centre
- Walks in the park
- Ha Ling, Grassi Lakes and walking up and down the Bow River on one of the many trails
- Spot of exercise
- Mountain biking or cross country skiing at the Canmore Nordic Centre
- Day tripping
- Banff and Lake Louise
“We just spent a wonderful 12 days in Mandy and Dave's beautiful home in Canmore. The huge windows and fabulous open plan with high wood beamed ceilings allowed for amazing views of the Rocky Mountains. Our family had lots of room in the 4 bedroom home to gather and enjoy time together. We had a great time hiking, cooking dinners together and soaking our tired muscles in the large outdoor hot tub. Mandy and Dave were so accommodating and left lots of information about their home and things to do in the area. We loved our time there and want to thank Mandy and Dave so much for trading their home with us. Ginny Glover”
“A Fantastic home swap”
3 things they loved about the trip
- Excellent restaurants nearby
- Great Skiing in Lake Louise
- Extremely comfortable
4 8 4
Want to holiday in properties like this? Start your journey by listing your home for free
- Last login:
- Calendar last updated:
- Member since:
This member has completed one or more trips
3 things about us
- We are an active family with 3 adult children - two are still university students - not necessarily travelling with us.
- Myself and my husband have much more flexibility in our travelling now that we are empty nesters!
- We are from Scotland but have lived in Canada for about 15 years. Our main home is in Calgary, 1 hour west of Canmore and home of the Calgary Stampede. We have recently rebuilt our Canmore home to enjoy, entertain and share. We love experiencing other parts of the world, returning to the UK and Europe to visit family, and spending time on the BC coast.
- Our dream destinations