Energy Efficient Custom Build Home in Edmonton, Canada!
We are a family of five – two adults, two 10 year olds and a 13 year old living in central Edmonton in one of the mature and thriving walkable communities with easy access to urban lifestyle, downtown, University of Alberta, parks and river valley. Our Energuide 83, contemporary style, custom home was completed fall of 2012, has 3000 ft2 (280 m2) in total over three levels and faces parkland.
• Master bedroom with en-suite (heated towel rack and oversized shower)
• Two kids bedrooms (one with a sink)
• Full bathroom
• Laundry (sink, washer and dryer)
• Bonus area/get away room
• Open concept with living, dining and kitchen in one
• Large kitchen w. two sinks, dishwasher, microwave, gas stove w. down draft fan, bar/wine fridge, side by side counter depth freezer-fridge.
• Two piece bathroom
• South facing deck off the kitchen with 12 foot wide nana wall opening
Very bright basement:
• Family room (w. TV, DVD, PS3 and lots of Lego and Playmobil toys!)
• One kid bedroom
• One guest bedroom w. queen size bed
• Full bathroom
• Storage under stairs
• Utility room
Easy to maintain polished concrete and marmoleum flooring, in-floor heating, solar panels, high efficiency wood fireplace, build in vacuum, sound system and security system. There is a back and front yard, gas barbeque, coal Weber bbq, front driveway and one half of double detached garage available. Includes 2 adult and 3 kid bikes (2 for 9-10 year olds, one for a 12-13 year old), trampoline and Wi-Fi access.
Now – why would you want to come over here for a year and use Edmonton as your base? Check out the links below to see if any of it could lure you over here:
(This Apple advertisement was shot in Edmonton!)
If you are planning to work while you are here you have to arrange for a work permit with Citizenship and Immigration Canada and it can take several months to obtain, see the links below.