The cottage is a second home and has all the modern conveniences with a retro touch. Located on a warm lake, in the sunny south Okanagan, with a 1/4 of an acre of lovely manicured grounds. Decorated with vintage furniture, features include:
* air conditioning in main bedroom and loft
* high speed wireless & wired Internet access and phone
* six appliances: fridge, stove, microwave, espresso machine, dishwasher, washer, dryer
* fully stocked kitchen (you just need to supply the food)
* one queen bed, two double beds and one sofa bed
* linens, duvets, blankets, and pillows
* cd player, record player, records, library
* tv, vcr, DVD player, videos & DVDs
* gas fireplace
* large backyard deck with propane barbeque
* herb garden
* dock, wharf and swimming raft
* private sandy beach
The south Okanagan is a popular holiday destination, famed for its warm dry climate. The cottage is situated in the heart of BC's famous "Golden Mile" wine region, with year round activities for people of all ages and interests.
The area's diverse opportunities include:
* Wineries - over 130 wineries, offering tours, tastings and many with fabulous bistros/restaurants
* Pictographs - the greatest concentration of pictographs in BC are located in the south Okanagan
* Theatre - community theatres abound
* Golf - available almost year round
* Kettle Valley Trail - Perfect for mountain biking, jogging, or hiking, the KVR is an abandoned railway bed that winds through south central British Columbia between Midway and Hope
* Big horn sheep - located on the bluff east of Vaseux Lake is a Big Horn Sheep preserve. Hiking or a 4x4 is recommended, as the road is unpaved and steep
* Bird watching - the area around Vaseux Lake has been a migratory bird and waterfowl sanctuary since 1923. A birdwatcher’s delight, amongst the birds that frequent the area are the great horned owl, canyon wren, chukar partridge, woodpeckers, sage thrashers, and the burrowing owl.
* Fishing - Vaseux Lake is a non-motor boat body of water, popular for its bass fishing. Check with the BC government on licencing requirements and limits.
* Rock Climbing - A short distance away, the Skaha Bluffs are comprised of over 120 cliffs, about 55 of which have climbs on them.
* Water sports - Parasailing, waterskiing, jet-skis and much more are available on other neighboring lakes -- Lake Okanagan, Osoyoos, and Skaha.
The cottage is conveniently located 6 km from the charming town of OK Falls and 12 km from historic Oliver, both of which have restaurants, grocery stores, video stores, liquor stores, postal outlets, antique stores, and much more.
The lake is featured in the upcoming comedy, The Big Year, with Steve Martin, Jack Black & Owen Wilson.
My husband and I own the boutique winery Township 7, with locations in BC's Fraser Valley and Okanagan. I'm fluent in English and conversant in Spanish, he is fluent in English and conversant in French. We are very active and love the outdoors, sports, wine touring, cultural activities and are interested in exchanges in wine regions pretty much anywhere across the globe.