This 3 lightly-bedroom house, clean, situated in a typical Costa Rican modest fishing village on the beach. Huge sala for gym and TV, another big dining...
Where is it?
Nestled along parts of Guanacaste's most lovely coastline is Brasilito Beach, a sprawling grey-sand beach and charming town. The town of Brasilito is nothing fancy, nothing to brag about. The town is so small, you can drive throughout the whole thing in about 10 minutes! It’s a modest town with a few sodas, small hotels, the church, the school, a field and a couple or small markets. It is a small local community but all the beaches in the area are very close to each other so Brasilito is in an excellent location for a home base in Guanacaste.
This beach is fairly long and stretches over 1 kilometer. The waves are generally quite calm but during certain times of the year, there are swells and the waves are good for surfing.
You may have heard about Conchal beach which has shells instead of sand ant and crystalline blue waters it is right next to Brasilito. These two beaches are the best examples of the stark contrast of beaches in Costa Rica. You have a white sand beach right next to a dark sand one! There is great snorkeling just off the shore.
This hamlet is substantially less developed and visited than the neighboring Conchal and Flamingo Beaches, but is an ideal getaway spot for vacationers seeking plenty of local flair.
You can walk the whole length of Brasilito beach and enjoy the beach all for you. A lot of locals like to go to the north end of the beach so if you want to experience more local life, you can drive through town to get to that end of the beach. Brasilito does have an easy going vibe. Expect some quality downtime ideal for strolling along the beach and great swimming for the whole family.
Playa Brasilito still has a local feel. Many Ticos (Costa Ricans) live in town, and you will see them bringing in the daily catch, grabbing a beer after work, or taking in a gorgeous sunset. In addition to being a good alternative for those seeking an authentic experience, Playa Brasilito is much more affordable.
Activities in/near Brasilito
- Playa Conchal (Famous White Sand Bea & Great Snorkeling)| 10 minutes walk
- Playa Flamingo (One of the Most Famous White Sand Beach in Costa Rica / Coco Loco Restaurant) 10 minutes away
- Playa Potrero 15 minutes away (Home to the Costa Rica Sailing Center)
- Playa La Penca (White Sand) | 20 minutes away
- Playa Preita (Shady)| 20 minutes away
- Playa Danta (Home to Las Catalinas) | 25 minutes away
- Playa Grande (Top Surfing Beach) | 15 minutes away
- Tamarindo (Top Surfing Beach) | 25 minutes away
- Bahia de los Piratas – 30 min driving
- Playa Mina – 29 min driving
Horseback Riding and ATV Tours
Breakfast can be providing for you as well private chefs.
Restaurants – lots of soda - typical local restaurants in Brasilito, 2 small cafés, fish restaurants on the beach.
Conchal Friday Market, you can find there all needed: food, take away, organic vegetables & fruit, arts and craft and more
Banks - BCR & Nacional Bank - 10 min driving
How to arrive:
- Flights - The small town of Brasilito is only 44 miles (70 km) from Liberia. Flights arrive daily at the Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport located in Liberia and the small domestic airport in Tamarindo. From both locations, Brasilito is just a short drive.
- You can take the bus from Liberia to Playa Brasilito and get off There is a bus every day at 4,30, 6, 8, 11 and 6 PM from the Transportes La Pampa in Liberia
- Taxi or private transport
You may also like
The condo is a 1200 Sq. foot open air, modern condo, with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and sleeps up to 5 people with breathtaking views! Close to the beach...
Beautiful Casita ...5 minute walk from center of town and a 6 km long beach on the Pacific. New build in March 2018. Small but fully outfitted kitchen, day...