“We spent three weeks in Niinas wonderful flat and we loved every day of it! Helsinki is a great place to explore and Niinas home is the very best starting point. It's perfectly located in a beautiful quarter next to everything. The place is huge and the interior is mix of classic and modern furniture with very nice and personal decoration. It's perfectly equipped for kids. Everything was spotless clean. The very best thing is the view, I'll never forget looking out of the window, watching small and big ships coming and going. Communication was very good and we felt very welcome. Niina herself made our stay extra special with lots of tips about Helsinki and even introducing us to german friends of hers. Dear Niina and family, thank you so much for having us in Helsinki!!!”
Family home with stunning sea view
Family home with stunning sea view
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 2 baths
About our home
Welcome to our beautiful and spacious (150m2) three bedroom home in the heart of old Helsinki. Perfect for families with kids. Our own children are 11, 10 and 1 year old so we have toys and games to choose from (PS2/3, a piano, pet shop -toys, bikes, legos). The neighbourhood is really nice with good services within 5 minutes walk; a bakery, wine shop, grocery stores, a deli (www.antonanton.fi), post office, Hakaniemi market hall, nice restaurants and bars.
No need for a car. Public transportation works well and the city center is in a walking distance.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
More about us
- We're a family of five. Our three children Elli, Anton and Risto are aged 11, 10 and 1.
- Ville (45) works in forestry and Niina (41) is an entrepreneur. She has started a food store called Anton&Anton (www.antonanton.fi) and it's located just few blocks from the flat. Go and grab your scones and fresh juice from the deli!
- We enjoy good company, food, traveling and ordinary family life. Summertime is spent in our summer home (especially July) so the flat is at your disposal even if we would stay in Finland. Renovating our summerhouse, gardening and boating are our main summer activities. In winter we like to go skiing.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- The Cock (www.thecock.fi), The Story (www.restaurantstory.fi)
- Cool bars
- The Cock, Liberty or Death http://libertyordeath.fi
- Cozy cafés
- Fazer (www.fazer.fi/kahvilat-ja-leipomot/kahvilat--ravintolat)
- Retail therapy
- Galleria Esplanad (http://www.galleriaesplanad.fi/en/)
- Bit of culture
- Kiasma, contemporary art museum (http://www.kiasma.fi/en/
- Walks in the park
- Tervasaari outdoor area just next to our home, beautiful walks by the sea.
- Spot of exercise
- Senate Square (5 minutes walk) http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g189934-d245976-Reviews-Senate_Square_Senaatintori-Helsinki_Southern_Finland.html
- Day tripping
- Tallin (capital of Estonia) by the ferry (2 hours away), Porvoo (with a beautiful wooden old town) 1 hour bus drive away
You may also like
Welcome to our communal home. We are five people living together and we can swap one or two of our big bedrooms for you. The apartment is located right next...
Large Bali family home on a stunning piece of land over looking the rice filelds . A beautiful spacious 4 bedroom villa with all amenities large swimming...
This is a Balinese-style house that has been completely renovated. It is closed living with a large living room and kitchen that overlooks a lovely garden...