“The apartment was beautifully decorated and comfortable. It was very well located to explore all the attractions of Marseille. Helene and Roland were quick to respond to our requests and we had the opportunity to meet them as well as their son Victor. They made us feel welcome in their apartment and were very personable. Thank you for accommodating us and making our vacation most enjoyable,”
“My friend and I visited Helene and Rolands apartment fairly last minute having found bargain Ryanair flights. Helene was fast and efficient replying. The apartment was great perfectly positioned for everything with a lovely little terrace. Helene gave us great info on where to go. We really did not have enough time. We took the boat trip out to the islands. Roamed around markets and arty district and took little train up to the Basilica. (Amazing). We will have to return to to summer boat and Cassis and Aix all nearby. Thanks to to Helene and Roland. ”
“Nous avons été reçus par Victor, le fils d'Hélène et de Roland. Victor a été très sympa avec nous et nous a donné des conseils sur quoi voir à Marseille.. L'appartement est très confortable tout près du vieux port. Nous somme vraiment satisfaits de notre séjour!”
Where is it?
Overlooking the Vieux-Port city harbor, the apartment is located on 6th and top floor of a quiet building on a newly renovated side street off the harbor main quay.
With all historical landmarks dating back to its 6th-century Greek settlement as Massalia, bars, restaurants, retail stores within walking distance or a short ride:
- the Vieux-Port quays abounding with day and nightlife
- Le Panier oldest district of Marseille with its original maze of medieval streets
- La Joliette newly renovated docks districts
- La Veille Charité museum set in a listed 17th-century almshouse
- Le Mucem museum of Mediterranean and European Civilisations designed by award-winning architect Rudy Ricciotti
- Notre-Dame-de-la-Garde basilica protecting Marseille that overlooks the entire city and 26 km of seafront
- La Cité Radieuse housing complex designed and built by world-renowned architect Le Corbusier between 1940 and 1950.
- the beaches (closest is 3km) and typical calanques of Sormiou, Morgiou, Sugiton (closest is 10km) to name a few
- the nearby little town of Cassis (20km) famed for its pristine harbor and Cote Bleue (30km) accessible by a charming train ride
- the city of Aix-en-Provence (30km) birthplace of painter Paul Cezanne and internationally known for its opera festival now ranking with those in Bayreuth, Salzburg, and Glyndebourne.
You may also like
Notre appartement est situé dans un immeuble classé au patrimoine, il s'agit de l'immeuble des anciennes Affaires Maritimes de Marseille. Il est situé au...
*****looking to exchange/spend points in Berlin in July and/or August***** *****looking to exchange/spend points in Rome in March***** Our flat is a very...
EN : Our two flours Hausmannian apartment is like a townhouse in the energy city of Marseille, as defined by the New York Times in 2019. Perfectly located in...