enjoy a great charming area from Berlin with lots of coffeeshops, bars and restaurants and boutiques in a family friendly renovated flat with all comfort in...
Where is it?
Kreuzberg is a very multicultural and lively district at the Center of Berlin, only some metro or bus stations away from the most known touristical „hotspots“ such as Brandenburger Tor, Reichstag, Alexanderplatz/TV-Tower, Kurfürstendamm, Checkpoint Charlie, Potsdamer Platz and so on.
Situated at the former inner German border, up to 1989 Kreuzberg was a very quiet district „at the end of nowhere“. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, Kreuzberg found itself at the middle of the capital and changed a lot.
In the last few years, Kreuzberg was getting more and more „hip“ and sought after, so the area becomes more and more interesting for tourists and, first of all, the rents raised a lot. Despite the ongoing process of gentrification Kreuzberg is still an alternative district.
Especially in the summer, there are lots of things to do: You'll find different parks in our area, there's a lot of water (the river Spree, Landwehr Canal) where you can make nice boat tours or rent canoes, you can go swimming in a pool directed in the river Spree, sit in nice cafés, restaurants and beer gardens, make a nice trip to the country side or watch films in open air cinemas.
Some interesting things to see and to do nearby:
- East/West (Oberbaumbrücke, East Side Gallery)
- water (Spree, Kanal) and parks
- lot's of restaurants, snack bars, cafés, bars, clubs, some off-cinemas and -theatres
- stylish fashion shops, organic food store, turkish grocery shops...
- the amazing Jewish Museum
- at the Landwehr Canal, at the border to the next district, there are different markets worth visiting, especially the big oriental market on Tuesdays and Fridays (and the flee market at the weekend)
You may also like
Our home is located in central Berlin at the border of two very popular neighborhoods, charming Prenzlauer Berg and lively alternative Friedrichshain. It is...
Our friendly and spacious apartment is perfectly located to explore the exciting cultural life and laid back atmosphere of Berlin: Brandenburg Gate, the...