Warm and cozy family friendly house in a friendly and quiet neighborhood. Newly renovated, 4 bedroom 1435 sq.ft. flat on one floor. 15 minute walk into Hafnarfjörður central, easy access by bus. 15 min drive to Reykjavík city. Four beds that comfortably fits up to 7 individuals. Three of them are connected with a main hall in the central of the house but one is located in another part of the house and is therefore more (website hidden) and internet access.
Free Wi-Fi, fully equipped kitchen, bath tub and (website hidden), washing machine and a dryer.
The house is located in about 15 minutes walking distance from the city center of Hafnarfjordur, a town not far from Reykjavik (15 minutes driving distance). In the neighborhood there are shops, grocery stores and restaurants. Very green surroundings. Fantastic hiking trails start right by the house. This is a perfect place for someone looking for a quiet, relaxing time out from the hustle and bustle of the busy city life.
200 meters to the next stop for public transportation. The bus to Down Town Reykjavik takes around 30-45 minutes and runs every 15 minutes. Easy access via minibus and by foot into the central of Hafnarfjordur (15 minute walk). You can park your car (if driving) at the house. Best to get the Air Bus from Keflavik Airport (cheaper) or taxi (more expensive). Bus costs around 1,800 ISK but Taxi around 10.000 ISK. The bus stops in around 20 minutes walking distance from the house. Best to take Taxi from there to Ljósaberg 38 - or ask the ones at the restaurant to call a cab for you.
In and around the home you will find easily:
1. Three bathing and swimming facilities with outdoor hot water year around
2. Golf course
3. Other Cities with two big shopping malls within 10 minutes drive
4. Keflavik Airport 25 – 30 minutes drive or 40 minutes with FlyBus
5. The Fly bus from Keflavik stops only 10 min walk from your home
6. There are several shops, bars and restaurants in the City Center
7. Bike paths all over - starting from outside the building and in to Reykjavik and the other Reykjavik districts and towns close by
8. Hiking or walks start outside the building and can continue along lakes and rivers in to the Icelandic mountains
We expect our guest to treat the house with respect and like it is their own and keep it clean and tidy.