In the center of Reykjanes penisula, 10 min way from Keflavik airport Iceland, we offer our beautiful, tranquile family nest, with a sea view from the hot...
Where is it?
There are many things to see and do in this area.
1. Walking at the black sandy beach in any weather. Watch the birds and the ocean, give you're self a time to recharge.
2. Hike up Reynisfjall, easy hike. You can keep on when you are up, follow the sticks and give yourself 2-3 hours to enjoy the scenery. First you'll have The village and Hjörleifshöfdi next you look down at Reynisdrangar then you'll see to west and there you'll have Reynisfjara, Dyrholaey, Eyjafjallajokul and Myrdalsjokull.
3. Hike up Hötta mountain, a bit more difficult but if you get clear skies you'll see Mýrdalsjökull, Eyjafjallajökull and even Vatnajökull all at once. Follow sticks and you get beutiful 4 hours tour or just turn back home.
4. This tiny village has 4 restaurants, enjoy drink in the very old charming Halldórskaffi or Norður Vík or the fancy new icelandair hotel.
5. Relaxing in the little swimming pool after a good day-tour.
6. Endless possibilities of wonderful day tours. Example:
Skaftafell and Jökulsárlón (must see)
Þórsmörk, four wheeler or the bus
Eyjaföll - Eyjafjallajökull museum, Skógar museum, Skógafoss, Seljalandsfoss
You may also like
Downtown Reykjavik, in one of the oldest part of town. Quiet and nice. Very near the harbour and the city
We built our 173 m2 home 4 years ago. It is in the country side with lot of free space around and about 10 km from Akureyri. Close to the Christmas house....