Hi, thanks for looking at our house in Bali. This really is a special place, both the house and the village of Balian. This house is actually a villa we rent out for Holiday renatl however we are looking to do swaps with other people with nice places. This is what we tell our customers about the place so please read below and let us know if you want to try and arrange a swap.
Wow what a view! Far from the hustle and bustle of Seminyak and very close to the sleepy yet increasingly trendy surfing village of Balian is Villa Tao. As soon as you walk in the front door you get an amazing sense of space. This 900sqm mansion is perched 35meters above sea level, with simply breathtaking views out over the renowned surf break at Balian and to the horizon. The sparking black sand beach is just a stones throw down the sloping grass hill lined by old coconut trees. All 4 master bedrooms have panoramic ocean views, even the bathrooms have amazing views. In fact every direction you look it is like a tropical postcard framed by a mixture of modern contemporary architecture and lots of old wood.
Villa Tao draws a number of unique features together to make it a truly special place to stay. The owner designed the house focusing using only the best recycled timbers and with a focus on collecting and saving water. The 2 expansive upstairs bedrooms are 200year old Javanese Gladek houses which have been slightly modified to maximise the mesmerising views and increase comfort levels yet still give you that antique, old teak wood feel. King bed, AC, ceiling fans, TV, DVD, ipod dock sterio come standard. The en-suite bathrooms are all moulded black polished concrete complete with 2 showers (1inside, 1 outside), and a bath. In fact each bedroom has its own 20sqm private balcony and feels like your very own little house. ‘Oh’ and did I mention ocean views from every bedroom window?
The expansive living and dinning area have been interestingly designed to fully capture the cool ocean breezes, take in the spectacular ocean vistas and integrate the 18m infinity pool so it feels like the pool and ocean are all part of the living space! There is a large Ulin hardwood table with luxurious cow hide leather arm chairs, easily seating 10 guests, a huge sunken lounge over looking the pool and ocean and there is also a massive media room equipped with the latest LED TV, BluRay DVD player, High speed WIFI and Satelite TV. Throughout the living area, pool area and rooftop there is an integrated sound system with 3 zones and ipod docking station for ease of use.
The rooftop has been turned into a 170sqm ‘greenroof’ entertaining area. This really is the perfect place for a cocktail, take in the sunset and listen to some relaxing music through the rooftop sound system.
Services and Facilities
• complementary full breakfast for each registered guest
• 24hr security
• Fully equipped kitchen with in house cooks and wait staff
• Wide variety of food options with a focus on healthy cooking
• 8 full time staff to make your stay as comfortable and effortless as possible.
• Baby sitting service and in-house massage and spa treatments by arrangement
• Car and Driver by arrangement
• 4 Bedrooms with en suites bathrooms all with ipod speakers and 2 rooms have TV and DVD players.
• Huge green roof 100sqm rooftop entertaining area.
• Fast WiFi Internet
• Media Room with Large LED TV, BLURAY DVD, selection of the latest DVD’s and a small library of magazines and books.
• English speaking staff
• Airport transfers or pick-up from anywhere in Bali.
• All bedrooms and Media room have AC and ceiling fans
Location and Activities
• Surf ing at Balian surf break directly in front
• Walk the extensive beaches
• Located 1.5hrs along the west coast of Bali from Seminyak
• 1hr 45min from Airport
• Take a day trip to Ubud
• Medewi surf break 30min
• Mountain drive
• Lunch or Dinner out at the restaurants in Balian village
• Day trip shopping to seminyak
• Indulge yourself in an in-house massage or spa treatment