Our home is a lovely 4 bedroom house, situated in the beautiful West of Ireland. The house itself is lovely and very modern and functional - all the comforts of home, including extremely comfortable beds, 2 full bathrooms with showers, and a powder room with a toilet downstairs. A full modern kitchen with everything that you could need to be comfortable. Very comfortable and cozy living room with leather sofas and an open fireplace, where you can feel the warm glow of a genuine Irish turf fire! Shops are only a 2 minute walk away, and town (beautiful Ballina) is only a 10 minute walk away, right on the stunning River Moy. A vibrant and lovely town, featuring fantastic shopping, restauarants, bars and pubs. Enniscrone, the most charming seaside village that you can imagine, is only a 7 minute drive away - imagine a beautiful, long, whitesand beach flanked by the Atlantic and sand dunes.
Highlights in and around Ballina and Enniscrone include:
- Afternoon Tea at Mount Falcon, only a 5 minute drive from home (you can also enjoy many activities here, including fishing and clay pigeon shooting): http://www.mountfalcon.com/dining/afternoon-tea
- A sumptuous spa experience at the Chill Spa in the Ice House Hotel (a 5 minute walk from home), this is also a great place for a delicious dinner: http://www.icehousehotel.ie/treatments.html
- Fishing or Kayaking on the River Moy (2 minute walk from home): http://www.fishinginireland.info/salmon/northwest/river_moy_system.htm
- Seaside Village of Enniscrone (7 minute drive from home): http://www.discoverenniscrone.com/
- Seaweed baths in Enniscrone: http://www.kilcullenseaweedbaths.com/
- Golf in Enniscrone; http://enniscronegolf.com/
Also use your home base in Ballina, County Mayo, as a jumping off point to see the rest of Ireland. Galway (the best and most authenticly Irish city in Ireland) is only a 2 hour drive away, visit charming Westport (1 hour drive away). Connemara, one of the most beautiful places in the world (featuring Ireland's only fjord, in the Leanane/Delphi area) is a 1.5 hour drive away. County Clare, and the famous Cliffs of Moher, are only a 3 hour drive away. Dublin is a 4 hour drive away, or you could easily take the train for a speedy and comfortable journey there and back. Options for travel from Ballina, County Mayo are endless. You can even jet off to Paris or Barcelona from Knock airport for the day - it's only a half hour drive from home!