“Very cool apartment near to centre of Udine. We spent 2 weeks there and used the time to also explore Croatia, Slovenia (Ljubljana) and Venice. Also had chance to enjoy day trips to the mountains and the beach. So Udine is the perfect location to check out many other areas. Very large apartment with surrounding terrace to enjoy the glorious sunshine. Was a pleasure to meet Francesco just before we left. He and his family looked after our apartment in Amsterdam very well. We´ll certainly be bothering him again in the future for exchange #2 :-) Highly recommended.”
Where is it?
Udine is a very old town (founded 983), very charming and quiet, full of wineries, bars, restaurants, parks and many other amenities, all of them within easy reach.
If you wish to spend a pleasant holiday in a spectacular region, with easy access to a lot of places of historical interest, and a wonderful nature with its astonishing local products, you have to come to Friuli Venezia Giulia. Udine is right in the middle of this Region:
- only 130 km from Venice (you can just go there in the morning, take a walk, drink a cappuccino in Piazza San Marco and come back); beyond driving there are regular trains leaving every day to go there. I can provide the relevant time-table if need be;
- to reach Trieste (75 km from Udine) you have to drive through the “Costiera” road with its amazing view to the gulf: Trieste is the old way to the sea of the Asburgic Empire and you can feel the fascination of its history;
- if you go north you’ll find the last part of the Alps named Alpi Giulie and you can easily reach Austria (around 100 km from Udine);
- you can be surprised by the beauty of Slovenia, only 35 Km. east, with its green landscape (a trip to Lubljana, only 2 hours by car, is definitely worth while)
- 60 Km south, you can reach the Adriatic sea with the modern seaside resort of Lignano Sabbiadoro and the historic village of Grado, “the sunny island”;
Furthermore we are surrounded by beautiful hills “Chianti style” with a well known production of wine; I can organize for you a visit to some of the famous cellars. There you will be able to taste the superb wines while enjoying our renowned San Daniele ham.
Please have a look at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFxW1JvcTtI
You may also like
La nostra casa, una villa a schiera di testa, è molto spaziosa; è suddivisa su tre piani e circondata da un giardino di proprietà su due lati. L'ingresso è...
Our wonderful and quiet family home is located only a few walking minutes from Trieste's city center. We love its garden with a swimming pool and sea glimpse...
Charming lake house with stunning views of lake Barcis and the Italian Alps. Tucked into a mountainside village the house comes with all facilities that a...