“We absolutely loved our two week stay at Heidi's comfortable Santubong apartment! The apartment was very comfortable for the two of us. I loved the night-time view from the bedroom: you could look at the boat lights on the sea as well as the fireflies in the trees and it was just magic. During the day I loved being on the balcony to look at the silver leafed monkeys in the trees and watch them interact as a social group. The pool was spectacular; we had it to ourselves every time. The apartment is in a quiet spot on the Santubong peninsula, perfect for nature lovers. We enjoyed walking in the Santubong National Park, the Cultural Village nearby and the night-time wildlife nature cruise, but it was also a really good spot for seeing everything around Kuching with a rental car. (It was far more affordable to rent a car rather than pay for tours, and the driving was enjoyable and meant you could stop at road-side stalls for fruit, food etc). We ate mostly at the Damai food court, a few minute's drive away, which has a large variety of food in 10 stalls, and we also found both good road-side food and fruit stalls and "kopitiams" (cafeterias) in the nearby Samariang, which also has a very big grocery store. Heidi was a pleasure to communicate with. We loved our stay very much; thank you, Heidi!”
Where is it?
1. Bako National Park - day trip or can stay overnight if pre-book accommodation.
2. Semenggoh Nature Reserve (Orang-utan park) - go at feeding time (morning or afternoon).
3. Kuching City Centre
- Riverside/ cross the New bridge/ Main Bazaar/ Old Courthouse and Brooke Memorial.
- China town/ Jalan Carpenter to Jalan Padungan and India Street Market by Merdeka Square.
4. Buntal fishing village for seafood lunch or dinner (10-15 minutes drive).
ALSO RECOMMENDED if time:
5. Borneo Highlands Resort - 2 hours drive from home near Kalimantan border (need to book and stay for at least one night).
6. Fairy Cave/Wind Cave - can make it a day trip when visiting Orangutans since in similar area.
7. Jong’s Crocodile Farm - also quite close to Orang-utan park.
8. Sarawak Cultural Village and Santubong National Park - both in Damai close to home. Can hike in the rain forest but the climb to the summit is very steep/challenging (rope ladders needed). Less challenging routes are available.
9. Kuching Wetlands National Park (can hire a boat to visit mangroves. Wildlife includes dolphins, monkeys and crocodiles).
You may also like
Tastefully furnished 3 bedrooms apartment within reach of local conveniences, facilities and amenities. It has a private sauna in the unit. Swimming pool and...
We are in the KL 'suburb' of Damansara. (Sorry, have moved the pin on the map as a search for Kuala Lumpur wouldnt find us - we are 25 mins away from the...
Stay in this lovely fully-airconditioned 2-bedroom house in Teluk Bahang, Penang which was recently refurbished. It sleeps up to 7 pax. A serene corner of...