“We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 week stay in the Santubong Suites. There are sweeping views of the South China Sea and we enjoyed spotting monkeys from the balcony. The apartment block has a large 25 m pool overlooking the jungle. We had it to ourselves the whole time. There are numerous staff who were more than helpful. We tended to eat out most of the time at the three hotels which are only a 5 min drive away. Borneo is such an exciting place to visit and great fun for children. We were lucky enough to meet Heidi and her family when they stayed at our house in the UK. They are a lovely family and treated our house perfectly. We would highly recommend this swap. ”
Where is it?
1. Bako National Park - day trip or can stay overnight if pre-book accommodation.
2. Semenggoh Nature Reserve (Orang-utan park) - go at feeding time (morning or afternoon).
3. Kuching City Centre
- Riverside/ cross the New bridge/ Main Bazaar/ Old Courthouse and Brooke Memorial.
- China town/ Jalan Carpenter to Jalan Padungan and India Street Market by Merdeka Square.
4. Buntal fishing village for seafood lunch or dinner (10-15 minutes drive).
ALSO RECOMMENDED if time:
5. Borneo Highlands Resort - 2 hours drive from home near Kalimantan border (need to book and stay for at least one night).
6. Fairy Cave/Wind Cave - can make it a day trip when visiting Orangutans since in similar area.
7. Jong’s Crocodile Farm - also quite close to Orang-utan park.
8. Sarawak Cultural Village and Santubong National Park - both in Damai close to home. Can hike in the rain forest but the climb to the summit is very steep/challenging (rope ladders needed). Less challenging routes are available.
9. Kuching Wetlands National Park (can hire a boat to visit mangroves. Wildlife includes dolphins, monkeys and crocodiles).
You may also like
Our stunning contemporary Sri Hartamas home was completely rebuilt in 2013. Bespoke & luxury design, open plan, pool with timber decking and a lawn. 5...
Hatten City's Imperio is strategically located in the heart of Melaka Raya's commercial area and is just minutes away from the UNESCO World Heritage Zone...
Penang has long been renowned for its variety of delicious local cuisines and its colonial history as one of the three British settlements along with...