Stay in this lovely fully-airconditioned 2-bedroom house in Teluk Bahang, Penang which was recently refurbished. It sleeps up to 7 pax. A serene corner of...
Where is it?
The housing area we live in is middle-class and our neighbours are mainly professionals, civil servants and business people. It’s quiet, friendly and totally safe. There are 3 playgrounds within 3 minutes walk of our front gate, which younger kids would really enjoy.
We are perfectly located for discovering Malaysia, being 30 minutes from downtown Kuala Lumpur, and just 15 minutes from the Subang domestic airport, which has frequent and cheap connections to all over Malaysia and southern Thailand.
Here are some great places to visit, and their distances from our house.
Within 20 minutes drive:
- Bukit Cahaya (forest reserve with cycling, SkyTrex and numerous agricultural and cultural outdoor exhibits)
- 4 awesome, huge shopping malls (One Utama, Megamall, The Curve, Sunway Pyramid) each with hundreds of shops and restaurants, as well as a cinema.
- Sunway Lagoon wet and dry theme parks
- Spas and restaurants for wonderful massages and great food – we will recommend our favorites!
- Archery, horseback riding and bowling at nearby recreation clubs
- Many international-standard golf courses (Glenmarie, Monterrez, Saujana, Subang, KLGCC etc).
Within 30 minutes drive:
- Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur City Center (KLCC) and the Petrosains center
- Putrajaya, Malaysia’s beautiful administrative capital, a must for architectural enthusiasts
- The Lake Gardens
- Historical and cultural downtown KL
- The KL Performing Arts Center (KLPAC) and other cultural centers
Within 1 hour drive:
- Genting Highlands (casino, theme parks, international shows)
- Bukit Tinggi and Colmar Tropicale
- Kuala Selangor fireflies
Within 2 hours drive:
- Historic city of Malacca, a Unesco World Heritage Site
- The Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Whitewater rafting in Perak
- Ipoh’s cave temples
- Port Dickson beaches and resorts
- Frasers Hill highland retreat
- A Famosa water theme park
We recommended overnight road trips (3 to 4 hours drive each way) to:
- Historic Penang Island, a Unesco World Heritage Site and a melting pot of the Malay, Chinese and Indian cultures which makes Malaysia unique
- Taman Negara (massive reserve of the world’s oldest rainforest)
- Beautiful beaches of the East Coast including Cherating
- Cameron Highlands and the tea plantations
- Pangkor Island
- Singapore (yes, you can drive to Singapore in 4 hours on the fast, well-maintained PLUS highway)
We also highly recommend Fireflyz flights from Subang domestic airport to the beautiful island paradises of Redang, Perhentian and Tioman as well as Koh Samui and Phuket in Thailand. You can also fly to East Malaysia (on Borneo Island) to climb Mt Kinabalu, visit the Mulu and Niah Caves, experience pristine rainforest and rivers, encounter indigenous tribes and orang-utans and sightsee the quaint towns of Kota Kinabalu and Kuching. The airport is just 15 minutes away, flights are all 1 to 2 hours in length, bookable online and really cheap!
We are avid, experienced travelers ourselves and would be happy to help you brainstorm the perfect itinerary for your dream holiday here.
You may also like
The house is bungalow and has a swimming pool,warm outdoor Jacuzzi,Sauna,playground, patios and balcony. There are 4 bedrooms,2 family halls,each room got...
4 Bedroomed 3 bathrooms apartment with swimming pool. Tennis court, gym and supermarket on site. The condo is spacious and clean. 1 x super King bed, 2x...