Amsterdam’s “ De Pijp” neighbourhood is as real as it gets when you’re looking for an authentic, local experience, tuned with fresh, creative intitiaves and a multi culti mix or businesses, boutiques, bars and restaurants. The apartment happens to be right in middle of all this.
Down each end of the street ( 1 minute out of the door each way) there is swift public transport that will take you into the very centre of town, or towards the “Oud Zuid” neighbourhood, along most of the attractions that you might have come for. Some highlights include:
1 minute walk:
- Albert Kuyp street market
2 minute walk:
- Heineken Brewery/ Experience
- Canal Cruise boats
6 minute walk:
- the Museum district including:
- Stedelijk Museum
- Van Gogh museum
- StadSchouwburg (Dutch Opera and Concert House)
- the famous PC Hooftstraat for shopping
- the Canals
5 minute tram ride:
- The Red Light District
- The Flower Market
- The Torture Museum
- Amsterdam Dungeon
- Madame Tussauds
- Dam Square & the Royal Palace
- the famous shopping streets
Some features of the apartment include:
- surround sound with an ipod dock/ jack connection
- swift WiFi connection
- quiet roof terrace with lounge furniture
- king size bed with a flat screen TV
- luxurious bathtub and rain shower
- fully functional kitchen with an Italian espresso machine
- beautiful coillection of art and photography books and magazines
Despite the presence of only one bedroom, the comfort of the very wide, deep sofa with fresh linen that can sleep a third guest is guaranteed. Many a friend can confirm this.
Q - Is the area safe?
A - Very safe. There are always lots of people around and it has a very cozy, lively neighbourhood.
Q - What Time is Check in?
A- Check in can be anywhere after 12.00, depending on your ETA. Check out is the same time, unless discussed otherwise.
Q- Is it completely private?
A- Yes, it is your apartment only and has double glassed windows, for absolute silence from the outside world, when closed.
Please let me know if you require any more information about the apartment, hope to hear from you soon,