“The house is very pleasant and comfortable, with a beautiful garden. It is ideal for a family vacation (we were 5, two adults and 3 children) It is near to shops and local restaurants, and has easy connections to City Center and the two main train stations in The Hague. We met twice with the owners, who are delightful people. The only problem is the circulation; although public transportation is very convenient, it is not cheap. In our case, it cost 30-35 Euro per day, just for the tram for 5 people. On the other hand one can reach any place in the city in about 20 minutes. We also used public transportation on our trip to Paris. I assume traffic is very much the same everywhere in Europe.”
Cosy corner House by the Beach from the 20s fully renovated
Cosy corner House by the Beach from the 20s fully renovated
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 1 baths
About our home
*About the house: 3Bdr, 1Bathroom, suited for 4-6 people:
• Charming corner house (semi-detached) from the 20’s with a front and a back garden.
• The ground floor has a big living room/dinner and an open kitchen with a bar. Nice wooden floor and a lot of natural light throughout the day. Direct access to the back garden.
• The 3 bedrooms and the bathroom are on the first floor. The main bedroom is fitted with a king-size double bed. The second bedroom has a good quality sofa-double bed. The third bedroom (kids' bedroom) has a baby-bed and a single person bed.
• Both front and back gardens are safe for children to play. Big swing and sand playground available for kids in garden. You will enjoy the sun from morning till dawn and can use our garden furniture and BBQ + 2 additional balconies.
• Wifi, Hi-Fi, DVD player (no cable TV) and all kitchen/laundry equipment are available
Best ways to discover The Hague is to rent a bike, we can advise on places where to rent.
Parking easily available in the street, free during daytime, need to pay in the evening (18h-midnight)
* About the area:
• The Hague (The Netherlands) is a middle-sized relaxed city located on the shore of the North Sea. It is the seat of the Dutch Parliament and Ministries. It is also the seat of all international embassies and of a multitude of European and international organisations (International Court of Justice, UN Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, European Patent Office, Eurojust and Europol etc.). There is therefore a big expat community, many museum and theatres (English-speaking), first class restaurants and shopping areas. It is a very green city, kid-friendly and you can go everywhere by bicycle.
• Our house is located in the Boomenbuurt in The Hague Netherlands. See google map:
• It is a residential area, only 1.5 km (0.9 mile) from the Beach. We are very close to the most natural part of the beach (no building along the beach only sand dunes, forest, cycle paths and a couple of beach coffee houses – see pics). The house is also located between two main sea resorts ‘Kijkduin’ and ‘Scheveningen’ where you also find the Harbour.
• You will find lots of local shops and amenities either on Acaciastraat, Thomsonlaan or Fahrenheitstraat where you can do your grocery shopping but also enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. We have French, Italian, Thai and Indonesian restaurants within 5 min walk that we can recommend. We are 10min walk from the hospital HagaZiekenhuis.
• The city centre of The Hague can be reached within 15min bike ride, or by public transport (trams 3 and 12). Tram 12 brings you directly to the station Den Haag HS and Tram 3 directly to Den Haag Centraal Station. From both stations you can take a train for the Amsterdam airport Schipol, and Amsterdam (45 min on the train) and Rotterdam (15 min).
• From the Hague you can also catch a direct train to Antwerp (1 hours 20 min) and Brussels (2 hours). Paris is only 3 hours and 20 min, Frankfurt 4 hours and London 4.5 hours.
• Starting from our house, you can also go running or skating along the beach, enjoy beautiful bikes rides along the North Sea Coast (all the way to Amsterdam: 60 Km).Greg is a kitesurfer and regularly enjoys riding the waves. There are many kite-surfing spots nearby (waves and flat).
- Main home
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
“Lovely house that's well situated in a great city. The Hague is a good base for visiting many other Netherlands cities. We had a super holiday.”
“Sarah and Gregory are absolutely lovely !! The house is big, nice and very clean with a really nice garden. We discovered Den Haag city center, which was really nice, and cycled in the dunes, by the sea. We were lucky, the weather was great. We had a fantatstic weekend. We definitely recommend you to swap with them !”
More about us
- We live in the Netherlands with our two daughters
- Sarah is a lecturer in politics and Greg works in politics
- We will take care of your house as if it was ours
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Bis, Sarina, Titus (by the beach), de Fuut (by the beach), The Penthouse (skyline view)
- Cool bars
- St Jorris
- Cozy cafés
- Bagels and Beans, Gember, Café Madeleine
- Bit of culture
- Mauritshuis (The Girl with a Pearl Earring), Escher Museum
- Walks in the park
- Japanese Garden Clingendael, Zuiderpark
- Spot of exercise
- Run along the beach, kit-surfing spots, swimmingpool Waterthor
- Day tripping
- Amsterdam, Harleem, Keukenhof during tulips season, Rotterdam, Delft, Leiden
You may also like
Welcome to our beautiful light and spacious Studio Apartment 'Home Suite Home' with great views over the historic city-center, including a private roof...
This beautiful and light ‘boutique style’ apartment is situated in the leafy Plantage area which is in the heart of the city of Amsterdam. It has been...
The house is located in the center of Haarlem, right behind the Frans Halsmuseum. The city with all its pleasures is at your feet. Lots of nice restaurants,...