Cześć and Hello from Poland! Come and visit Eastern Europe - two countries at your reach!!!
We built our home in 2010. It was designed to resembel traditional houses typical of the resort that we live in, half covered in wood. House is located on a slope of a forested hill at a very quiet street between two other houses and a forest in the back. The area is very safe and quiet.
Our garden is fenced and well separated from neighbours with a lot of privacy. There is also a gate to the forest. Garden is full of lavish plants. There is also a wooden terrace and a set of wooden furniture to sit outside for 4 people. For summer we also take out a professional basket for basketball so it is available for playing in the garden. We have no garage but there is plenty of space to park at the front driveway.
On the ground floor:
- a spacious kitchen with a folding table and a door leading to the garden and terrace, so it is convenient to eat outside
- a common space with a chimney, piano, large L-shaped sofa and a flat-screen TV, DVD, CD players, a collection of CDs and DVDs also for kids, large french windows open to the garden
- a study with a large double-sided desk, kids' desk, printer, collection of books (some in English) and board games, puzzles
- small toilet with wascher and electric dryer
- master bedroom with a walk-in closet, private bathroom with shower and sauna witj a sauna tub and doors to the garden
- electric shutters in all the windows on the ground floor.
On the first floor:
- two kids' rooms with beds, toys, games and drawers for clothes
- bathroom is spacious and has a bathtub, toilet and bidet and a loundry drop-pipe towards the washing machine downstairs
- two guest rooms: one with a reclining sofa and a little desk and the other with double bed, connected by a balcony facing toward the forest
- common area in the middle with two sofas, table and a little swing
The house is really comfortable to live in and relax. The area is quiet and the neighbours are kind people.
We have two mountain bikes and 2 bikes for kids. It is also possible to rent bikes in the area.
We have a turtle that needs to be fed and it is necessary to water the plants inside the house.
Shopping – there are two mini-markets/shops in Lądek but we recommend visiting a local produce market that is held twice weekly in Ladek. There you can get freshly baked bread, fresh made goat and cow cheese, eggs, honey and fruits and vegetables from local producers. Closest shopping mall is in Klodzko 25 minutes drive.
There is a sports field 300m away where kids meet mainly for soccer and basketball.
Our house will be super clean, bed linen, towels and tea towels provided on Your arrival.
We will take as much care of your home as we take of our beloved house!
Lądek Zdrój (german: Bad Landeck), one of the oldest Spa health resorts in Europe, situated in the south-west of Poland in Klodzko Valley, at the feet of Zlote Mountains (Golden Mountains), along the Biala Ladecka River.
The town is surrounded by gentle hills and vast forests and meadows. Therapeutic springs have been used here for 800 years. Local climate induces calming and relaxation.
What can you do here?
1. Check out the Lądek Spa – take bubble baths in therapeutic waters in marble bath tubs like once kings and tzars of this world did here, massages, mud wraps and more
2. Explore the unspoiled wild nature of our mountainous region, there are plenty of walking and cycling paths of various complexity around our town
3. If you want to explore more nature climb Mount Śnieżnik (landscape park) (1425m), eat local bluberry cake in the shelter at the top and even stay overnight there, going down visit our famous Bear Cave with delightful dripstones, animal bones and illuminations – if you like to get more dirty there is one more cave in the area for some 'real exploring'.
4. For local arts visit Old Lime Stone House in a picturesque village of Kletno with art gallery, Japanese garden, Foucault pendulum, print and paper making workshops, and more. Close by there is a Fun Line Park and a fish and chips pond bar – you can catch the trouts yourself, too.
5. There are many interesting little towns in the area that you can visit with a car within 30 minutes of driving. Klodzko region abounds in tourist atracions. Kłodzko a town with a castle with underground labiryths. Bardo - an old pilgrimage town with an intersting cathedral and rafting opportunities on Nysa Klodzka river. Polanica Zdrój another spa town with beautiful parks, fountains and alpine-coaster. Międzygórze (meaning: inbetween the mountains) a little gem town with picturesque views, elegant villas and a waterfall and mount Igliczna (needle) with a sanctuary of 'Mary of the Snow' with breathtaking views. Złoty Stok (golden slope) with its atractions: Gold Mine where you can visit the mine, look for gold and make your own coins, Medieval Technlogy Park and Fun Line Park 'Skalisko'. And there is much more.
6. And there is Wroclaw, a capital od Lower Silesia region and a city of 100 bridges, with its culture, architecture and history - up to 2h of driving. Kraków is 3 hours drive from here.
7. Being directly on the border with Chech Republick you can explore some of its superbly renovated castles. Jansky Vrh in Javornik is as close as 20 minutes driving away from Lądek, there is also a local taverna with typical chech food and beer served. We highly recommend visiting Olomouc (our favourite) or even Prague 2.5 hours of driving.