Alfama is the oldest and one of the most typical neighborhoods of Lisbon, resembles an ancient village not only in appearance and in their relatively small and close community.
Clothing extended the balconies, the flowered windows, street conversations, fado and the steep narrow streets are the hallmarks of this area, one of the most photographed of Lisbon.
The most spectacular views of Alfama have been the promenade formed by the sights Portas do Sol and Santa Luzia and involving Alfama, above, are the hill of the Castle of St. George and St. Vincent.
The Santo António apartment is in the center of everything, very close to:
- Viewpoints - Portas do Sol, Santa Luzia and Grace;
- Monuments - Castle of São Jorge, National Pantheon, Church of São Vicente de Fora, St. Stephen and Cathedral of Lisbon;
- Transport - Metro (blue line), bus and tram (28);
- Coffees, restaurants, bars, fado houses and LUX nightclub;
- Flea Market - typical fair bargains, flea, articles "vintage", books, records, among many others, all 3rd, Sundays;
- Museums - Fado, Military, Portuguese Decorative Arts, Roman Theatre, Casa dos Bicos, Beer, Design and Fashion, Water;
- Art Galleries;
- Antique and craft shops.