Our cozy apartment is located in the very heart of Ufa - the city, which hosts SCO and BRICS summits 8-10 July 2015. It has a beautiful view on Congress Hall - the main venue where the summits will be held. At the time of the Summits holding there will be located a colorful exposition «Ethno village» consisting of 7 yurts. Each of them will exhibit art subjects giving an idea about the life in the Republic – from its culture to innovative technologies. The «Ethno village» is a kind of visiting card of Bashkortostan.
Aprart form that the apartment location is the best you can imagine when travelling to Ufa. The sights you should definietly visit:
- The Monument to Salavat Yulaev is a work of sculpture, dedicated to the national poet of Bashkortostan, the hero of the Peasants’ Uprising that took place in 1773-1775 (5 minute wal from the apartment).
- The Bashkir State Opera and Ballet Theatre received its first spectators on December 14th, 1938. The official events of the SCO and the BRICS summits will be held here in 2015.
- The Monument of Friendship is dedicated to the 400th anniversary of the voluntary accession of Bashkir people to Russia.
- The First Cathedral Mosque of Ufa was built in 1830. The residence of the Central Muslim Spiritual Board of Russia is located here.
- Lala-Tulpan is a cathedral mosque-madrasah. The building itself look like a huge tulip in bloom. It was opened in 1998.
- The Museum of Archaeology and Ethnography of Ethnological Studies Institute was opened in 1976. The collection of «The Gold of Sarmats» is located here.
- The Republican Museum of Battle Glory was built in honor of the 55th anniversary of Victory of the Soviet Nation over Nazi Germany in Great Patriotic War in 1941-1945.
Nowadays Ufa with almost a 500 years history is a dynamically developing million-plus city. It has a unique image, combining innovative influences and a careful attitude to traditions. As the capital of the region, which is situated on the border of Europe and Asia, Ufa combines 2 mentalities – oriental and occidental.