Ripples is a large, luxury self-catering property situated in a prime location on the west bank of the River Kowie, in the picturesque Eastern Cape coastal town of Port Alfred; ideally suited for group holidays, family reunions
Our lovely house contains seven bedrooms, all en-suite, a large fully fitted main kitchen and scullery downstairs and an additional fully fitted kitchen upstairs.
You can enjoy ample living spaces and facilities on both levels, with TV and DStv (on request), a lovely indoor braai room area with open access to the large upper sun terrace overlooking the river and gardens.
There is a lovely private, sunny courtyard and well maintained private garden, three garages, ample shaded off-street parking and excellent, fob-activated zoned security system with monitored armed and medical response.
All linen, towels and beach towels are provided.
• The house is a stones through away from the idyllic kiddies beach (which is a secluded sandy tidal inlet off the Kowie River)
• A short walk down to the fabulous Blue Flag west beach and pier
• Directly adjacent to the spectacular Blue Flag Royal Port Alfred Marina
• Virtually next door to the ever popular and evolving Outdoor, Dive and Adventure Centre offering a multitude of pursuits including the less extreme options like river cruises, walking and cycling trails, horse-riding, etc
• We are just down the road from the iconic Port Alfred River and Ski-Boat Club and Kowie River Wagon Bridge
• Excellent, pro-surfer endorsed surf breaks, particularly off the east beach and pier
• Brilliant rock and surf, deep-sea, fishing kayak, Jet Ski and estuary fishing something for every enthusiast and ability level
• A short drive to many popular Sunshine Coast coastal resort towns, including Kenton-on-Sea, Bushmans River, Kleinemonde, Boknes, Cannon Rocks, and Kasouga
• Easy access to local Game Reserves Addo Elephant Park, Mansfield, Kariega, Amakhala, Lalibela and Pumba
• Close to the historic cultural centers of Bathurst, Grahamstown and Alexandria
• With Africa's foremost aviation training center, 43 Air School and Stenden South Africa (one of four international campuses of Stenden University, Netherlands offering full degree programs in Hospitality and Disaster Relief Management) nearby
• Golf courses include the Royal Port Alfred Golf Club and just a short drive from the acclaimed Gary Player designed Fish River Sun course
• Excellent local restaurants, eateries, microbreweries, shops and malls close by, including a growing craft industry
There is literally something for everyone's taste / interest nearby to enhance a truly fabulous holiday / coastal retreat.
Please note we charge a R250 fee per day for swaps to cover service management fees. This can be paid locally.