Our home is bright and airy with five en-suite bedrooms. The bathrooms are modern - three with bath and glass shower and two with glass showers only. There is a large salt chlorinated pool with views to the sea. The beach is just a four minute walk and there is also a very good restaurant there.
At the back of the house is a lovely sheltered BBQ area and a large garden.
We do have domestic help and this would be available or not as required.
This is the perfect area for golf as Southbroom has its own golf course and friendly clubhouse.
Southbroom is a lovely tranquil village with fantastic beaches and no hustle and bustle. Lots of lovely walking areas and a golf course. Although not a large place the village does have a small supermarket, several restaurants, a coffee shop, an excellent day spa, a doctor, a hairdresser, Yoga and Pilates studio's and an excellent Day Spa
If you are a golfer you will find our own course here really beautiful and there are also many other courses in the area within 40 minute drive. Golf is very inexpensive - between R280 and R450 for 18 holes and a cart. See www.southbroomgolfclub.co.za
Recent exchange guests used our house as a base for traveling, in our cars, to other areas such as the famous and stunning Drakensberg Mountains. the Zulu Battlefields and the huge Big Five Game Reserve called, Imfolozi/Hluhluwe, which is just about 4 hours north.
SOUTH AFRICA – THE MONEY SIDE & ENTERTAINMENT
* Fares from about €600 Dublin via Dubai to Durban or London – Dubai – Durban £550 - we are a 2 hour drive south.
* Golf – 18 holes from €20/£16, caddy or cart from €13/£10 – 5 golf courses within 25 minutes.
* 3 course dinner with bottle of wine for two people about €50/£40 at a reasonable local restaurant.
* 2 person self catering lodge in local KwaZulu Natal Big 5 Game Park about €80/£64 per person per night, seriously worthwhile. Use our 4 x 4.
* Fuel about €1/£0.80 per litre.
* Unspoilt very quiet beaches, with a few good beach bar/cafes along the way
* Whale watching mid June to late November.
* Over 275 varieties of birds – including migratory, have been listed within Southbroom.
I am Liz and my husband Jonathan and I moved here from the UK nine years ago and now run a Bed and Breakfast here in beautiful Southbroom. We look on this as our semi retirement and take time out to play golf and to do some traveling. Sometimes we will be accompanied by one or both of our sons and grandchildren and sometimes we will do it alone.