With a stunning open plan design and high end finish, Can Rio is a 6 bed villa (all with en suite and AC) and includes a luxury guest house. The property can accommodate 14 and is located between Santa Getrudis and San Lorenzo- a super comfortable and stylish choice for those who want the peace and tranquillity of the Ibicencan countryside combined with fabulous amenities nearby.
Located in the countryside and set in 2 acres of private land, Can Rio offers a balance of comfort and style, with the feel of a boutique hotel. The architecture and style of the house is fresh, welcoming and homely and there are a range of services on offer to ensure that your stay is as comfortable as possible.
The villa has been completely renovated in a style that fuses the contemporary with touches of the Mediterranean and Asia. Many of the furnishings and woodwork have been imported from Bali, with the overall feel of the house being airy, contemporary, sophisticated and ultimately very welcoming. The open plan living, dining and kitchen area opens out onto the gardens at the rear of the house where the huge 16 metre pool takes centre stage, surrounded by oversized daybeds, loungers and various areas to chill out in.
The villa has a luxurious feel and works well for families, couples and groups alike, whether you want a massage on one of the many terraces, want to laze in the Bali house whilst keeping an eye on the kids in the magical children’s play area or watch a movie from the extensive library, this villa is a real home away from home. The owners can even leave their dog, Bonny to keep guests company and act as the best security there is and this is always a big hit with families.
There is also a luxury guest cabin located to the side of the property that features a bedroom with king sized bed, en suite shower room, fully fitted kitchen and living room with flat screen TV, sky TV and wifi…2 adults and a child on the sofa bed can be accommodated here.
All bedrooms are light, airy and spacious with individual design details- all have their own terraces as well as crisp, white bed linen, high quality mattresses and toppers, plenty of fluffy white towels and A/C
All 5 en suite bathrooms are finished to a high level with Philippe Starke and Hans Groehe fittings, limestone floors and high quality Egyptian cotton towels.
The accommodation comprises
• Large open plan kitchen with LG appliances including a French 3 door Fridge freezer with ice dispenser, Caple wine cooler, 2 dishwashers, Quooker instant hot water tap, microwave and Smeg oven and gas 5 ring hob. Solid teak 5 metre central island with barstools
• Full range of kitchen appliances and utensils such as juicer, Nutri bullet, food processor, Nespresso machine and Delonghi coffee machine, citrus fruit juicer, high power blender (Kitchen Aid) and good selection of pans, crockery and cutlery
• Utility room with washing machine and separate sink and drying area.
• Living room open plan to the kitchen and dining room with 42” plasma, surround sound and Blue ray DVD player. Extensive DVD library. Sky TV. Fully integrated sound system wired throughout the house and onto the pool terrace. High speed wifi throughout the house
• Dining room, with floor to ceiling glass doors on 3 sides that open out onto the pool and the garden to the rear of the house. Central walk round fireplace, super comfy day bed, large solid teak table seating 14 with French Louis XV style chairs and an Eero Aarnio bubble chair
• Downstairs cloakroom
• Children’s playroom, with flat screen TV, selection of children’s movies and toys- overhead ceiling fan and surround sound. Single raised bed/sofa should overflow accommodation be needed- suitable for a child or baby. No AC in this room.
• Large Master suite with 32”plasma, Sky TV and DVD player, built in surround sound music system, free standing cast iron double ended bath in the bedroom and en suite bathroom with double sinks, spacious walk in Philippe Starke shower. Beautiful views over farmland and to the ocean beyond. Access to private terrace with countryside view.
• Twin children’s bedroom off the master bedroom- free standing fan, private terrace with countryside and ocean views. Please note no AC in this room.
• 4 further bedrooms all with large en suite bathrooms finished with Hans Groehe fittings, and a range of limestone, polished concrete and marble tiles. All bedrooms have their own terraces and one of these rooms has its own separate access.
• All bedrooms have high quality pocket sprung mattresses, feather and down pillows and crisp, high thread count, white bed linen. Ipod docking stations in all rooms. Hairdryers in each room. A/C in all rooms and some floor or ceiling fans available in some rooms.
• Luxury log cabin style guest house with king sized bed, en suite shower room, kitchen and living space all fitted to a high standard. Wifi, flat screen TV, satellite TV and Nespresso machine
The house is set in 2 acres of land, with beautiful views over the surrounding countryside, the Church of Santa Eulalia in the distance and the ocean beyond. The house has no neighbours close by, is surrounded by farmland and is very private. The emphasis is on total relaxation and comfort and the grounds have been designed with this in mind, with large day beds and sun loungers to relax on, a swing chair and a large chill out area with oversized table, ideal for pre dinner drinks or a more informal meal.
• Large outdoor terrace and outdoor kitchen off the kitchen which includes dining table and benches for up to 14 people, American style gas bbq, sink and fridge
• Huge 16 metre by 5 metre salt water pool- no chemicals, same PH as tears. Beautiful to swim in.
• Bali house with outdoor sofas, coffee table and chandelier
• Large daybeds, sun loungers, side tables and parasols around the pool
• Large sunken chill out area seating 12+
• Fruit orchard which guests are welcome to stock up from!
• Magical children’s play area with fishing boat house, swings, sunken trampoline, sand pit and bean bags.
• Pool towels included
• A/C in all the bedrooms (apart from child’s bedroom off the Master bedroom and playroom)- ceiling fans available in some of the rooms if needed
• Full range of therapists available to come to the house
• In house catering service available
• In house bar service available
• Baby sitting service available
• Boat hire service available
Communication and entertainment
• High speed throughout the house and around the pool as well as at the guest house
• 42” plasmas and Blu Ray DVD player, as well as DVD library and Netflix. 32” plasma and DVD player in the Master bedroom as well as in guest bed 2. Both these bedrooms also have their own Sky connection. Sky also in the guest house.
• Surround sound home entertainment system throughout the ground floor and Master Suite including the playroom
• Sound system around the pool and in the front courtyard garden
• Extensive film library
• Good selection of books
• Full alarm system and direct connection to a 24 hour manned security company
Located between the much loved and fabulous village of Santa Gertrudis (5 minute drive) with its array of shops, amenities and restaurants (16 at the last count!) and San Lorenzo (3 minutes), this villa is also a short drive from the Santa Eulalia and Ibiza Town. There is also several food shops and markets located within a 2 minutes drive of the house. The beaches in the North and North East of the island are ideally located and the villa is a short drive from the Carretera de San Juan, which is now becoming well known for the wealth of restaurants and boutique hotels that run along its length including Bambuddha Grove, Nagai, Cicale, Es Caliu and Atzaro.
• Santa Gertrudis 5 minutes
• Santa Eulalia 7 minutes
• Ibiza Town 10 minutes
• Airport 15 minutes
Please note the house is available for rent only between June and the end of September, no swaps during this time. Please see www.canrioibiza.com for rental information.