Situated i Skalhamn lysrkil. Open house with all the comfort you need. Just an hour 10 minutes to gothenburg and 2.25 to Oslo Norway. Bohuslän was voted at...
Where is it?
Dockside location with beautiful surrounding area 10 minutes to city center.
Göteborg is a typical marine town, people love sailing and spending time by or on the ocean, very close by are some amazing beaches and cliffy areas to spend your summer days or fall walks.
Gothenburg is Sweden's second largest city, and the fifth-largest amongst the Nordic countries. Situated on the south-west coast of Sweden, the city proper has a population of about 570 000 in the urban area and total of 1020 000 inhabitants in the metropolitan area.
Gothenburg is close to all the Scandinavian capitals Stockholm, Copenhagen and Oslo. Gothenburg, with its location by the sea, is famous for its many fish dishes and varieties of these dishes. Various fish restaurants exist in the city, from low-class shacks to world-class eateries.
A popular place to buy fish ingredients is the Feskekôrka ("Fish Church"); an indoor fish market, which got its name from the building's resemblance to a Gothic church.
Gothenburg's Haga district is known for its picturesque wooden houses and its cafés. Some of the many other attractions in Gothenburg include:
1. Liseberg Amusement Park Gothenburg's amusement park Liseberg is Scandinavia's largest amusement park. This park is fun for all ages, from childrens' carousels to fast roller-coasters. Concerts by popular artists provide musical entertainment, and beautiful exotic flowers give this place a colorful background. www.liseberg.se
2. Slottsskogen Slottsskogen literally means "the castle forest". In Slottsskogen, travelers can visit Gothenburg's Natural History Museum (Naturhistoriska Museet), a children's zoo (Barnens Zoo), and a family animal park (Djurgårdarna). Don't miss the feeding of the seals at 2 pm! The park is also home to the city's oldest observatory. For a relaxing day, go to the grass areas for sun-bathing and picnicking - or play a round of mini golf by Gothenburg's shady forests.
3. Botaniska Trädgården (Botanical Garden) Gothenburg's Botanical Garden is the largest of its kind in Sweden. The area in total is 175 hectares (ca 430 acres), of which most constitutes a nature reserve. This park is home to over 12,000 plant species and has a bamboo grove, a bulb garden, greenhouses, a herb garden, a Japanese valley, a rock garden, greenhouses with exotics, etc.
4. Archipelago of Southern Gothenburg The Southern Gothenburg Archipelago lies off the coast of Gothenburg, and is entirely free of cars. It has 5,000 permanent and another 6,000 summer residents.
There are several beautiful islands in Gothenburg's southern archipelago, nice for bathing and excursions. The more popular ones are Asperö, Styrsö and Vrångö. Enjoy the view on a boat tour around this area!
5. Kungsportsavenyn is the main street in Gothenburg, Sweden. This is the city's most popular avenue for shopping and restaurants in all price ranges. With a total length of 1 kilometer (about .6 miles), it stretches from the waters at the edge of Gothenburg's old city, and ends at the Götaplatsen square. There you can find the Gothenburg Museum of Art and several other cultural establishments.
10 must do in Gothenburg
The archipelago of Bohuslän
You may also like
Our house is an original west coast fisherman's house which had a total renovation in 2015/2016. The house has been rebuilt to fit today's usage with many...
Welcome to our restored 1900 century farmhouse. Beautiful surroundings with picturesque small towns close by. One hour driving to Gothenburg and four hour to...