NOTE: ONLY CONSIDERING RURAL SWAPS FOR 2020
A light, spacious, old meets new, 4 bedroomed house (with modern zinc/cedar extension) situated in the popular South Devon town of Ashburton. A town full of cool chic restaurants, antique shops and endless scope for outdoorsy adventures. The house is full of curiosities, playful fun and luxury comforts.
We are on the southern tip of Dartmoor, Ashburton, a great busy town adorned with antique shops and fantastic eateries (as well as an art centre offering a great schedule of events from comedy to music to yoga). We 5 minutes from open moorland with its endless opportunities for adventures such as wild swimming, walking, cycling, climbing, bouldering, kite flying. We are 35 -45 minutes from the nearest and best South Devon beaches, including Bantham, Mothercombe, Bigbury and Salcombe. The house really is very special and easily accessible.
Inside the house you'll enjoy light bright spaces, open fires, period features, underfloor heating, expanses of glass, sonos system, comfortable beds, quality linen, satellite TV, unlimited wifi, high end kitchen with range cooker and plenty of mod cons including a great cold press juicer which is fantastic in the Autumn when the orchard provides figs, apples, plums and pears for fresh morning juices.
Outside, there's a field and fruit orchard to roam, play park, trampoline, arial hoop, zen garden, formal garden with sunken patio & fire pit/bbq, a low level running stream with granite step access, cargo climbing net and unlimited scope to build den after den after den. It's fair to say, its family fun heaven.
* Master Super King Bedroom with walk in dressing area.
* King Double Bedroom
* 2 x single bedrooms, both with spare mattresses under beds.
* Garden Room/Play Room with Double Sofa Bed, Wood burning stove, double doors to private south facing garden
* Lounge/Snug with 48" surround sound smart TV, open fire, leather sofas, Sky, Netflix, Prime.
* Open Plan Kitchen/Dining/Day Room with underfloor heating, large woodburning stove, 8 metres of glass sliding doors opening onto wrap around decking/garden/sunken patio area.
* Downstairs toilet, utility room/boot room (washer/dryer).
* Family bathroom with large walk in shower, outstanding pressure, waterfall shower head, huge steel bath, underfloor heating.
* 3 acre gated entry site (12,000sq/m), including stream, field, orchard, two formal gardens, huge parking area and private drive.
* Walking distance to town centre, 20 minutes from mainline train station (£10 taxi), 3 hrs from London, 30 minutes to beach, 5 minutes to rural Dartmoor.
A perfect spot for exploring Ashburton, Dartmoor, Totnes & South Devon coast. We can make heaps of recommendations regarding wild swimming, cycling, sailing, canoeing and other activities and perfect beach/moorland spots.
Plentiful parking & storage for bikes, canoes etc - caravans/camping by request only. Potential to bring your own horse, again by request only.
The house is very peaceful, completely private and truly is an exceptional space in which to enjoy a holiday with family or friends. It sleeps 8-9 very comfortably.
To suit keen foodies we keep herbs, spices, sauces and cooking oils available for your use. You are welcome to help yourselves to what is there and we only ask that you replace what you use with an equivalent measured bottle of something of your choosing.
To suit any adventuring visitors, there is a a wealth of local information books, including those on Dartmoor walking, running, wild swimming, local ship wrecks, local myths and legends, OS maps, National Trust etc.
If you need to get some work done, there is a small desk overlooking the orchard on the large upstairs landing and the house has unlimited 20Mb-s broadband, subject to fair use.
Nearby there is a luxury adult day spa, zoo, forest park (with excellent bike park), trails, activity centres, indoor pool for private rental, golf, sea safaris, horse riding, aquarium and more...
Two very child friendly cats live here (not upstairs). They're called Kipper and Moneypenny and are clean, healthy, friendly, loving cats. They are short haired 8 year old cats who come and go as they please (cat flap) - they are not used to going upstairs, spending their time in the wooden floored living area. They are exceptionally friendly with small children (with normal respect for animals applying). We ask that you feed the cats each day (all food provided, they only eat a nutritionally complete dry food, no wet food). We do not allow them upstairs/on beds etc.