This characterful property has been newly renovated, it is cosy and tranquil with a huge collection of art, design and cookery books. The ground floor living...
Sophisticated, yet fun family home
Sophisticated, yet fun family home
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 4 baths
About our home
Our house is light and airy, stylishly contemporary, with family living in mind. Throw open the sliding doors and let the garden in! Pick fresh eating apples, pears, cherries and walnuts from our trees where parakeets, squirrels and lots of other birds frequent. The vegetable patch and herb garden are there to be enjoyed. The garden is romantically lit for alfresco dining while the sunken trampoline, netball post and adventure playhouse system keep the kids happy.
We are 3 Minutes walk from Chiswick House (www.chgt.org.uk), an English Heritage property, which is a magnificent neo-Palladian villa set in beautiful historic gardens. The new modern café within the grounds is a delightful place to have brunch, lunch or afternoon tea and cake.
Chiswick itself is a leafy 19th Century Arts and Crafts 'village', hailed by the New York Times as 'chic and trendy'. A plethora of buzzing restaurants and cozy cafes including the Michelin star La Trompette and High Road House, (part of the Soho House group). Riverside pubs are minutes walk away for a traditional pub lunch/dinner or pint with swans floating by. Chiswick High Road has wonderful shops, delis and boutiques whilst Westfield Centre, just minutes away, boasts the largest mall in Europe housing all the high street and designer brands you could wish for.
For those wanting golf, tennis, ski simulator(!) or gym we have a local pay as you go Premier club (www.dukesmeadows.com). We also have an exercise bike facing the garden and 3 adult and 2 children’s bikes and scooters to borrow.
Chiswick is well served by transport with easy access to all London airports, (Heathrow is 15mins away). Oxford, Cambridge and Brighton are just a few of the accessible cities worthy of a day trip. Chiswick Park Tube links you to Notting Hill, Portobello, museums in South Kensington, Harrods. We have 4 local Theatres incl. nationally acclaimed Richmond Theatre and Hammersmith Lyric. The edgy Bush Theatre is a must for any avid fans.
Central London is 30 minutes by tube/bus/car where the big shows and endless tourist attractions will leave you wanting more!
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
More about us
- Christina is a wedding dress designer, Bret works in the city, our lovely twin 11 year olds do everything!
- We all love surfing, skiing, singing (well, not Bret!), dogs and horses
- We love to travel and experience new cultures and cuisines
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- La Trompette, Sam's Brasserie, Le Vacherin & lots more!
- Cool bars
- Celeb spotting in High Road House, Sam's, hang out in Soho
- Cozy cafés
- Fouberts, Maison Blanc, Annies & lots, lots more!!
- Retail therapy
- Where to start? Chiswick High Road, Kinghtsbridge, Westfield, Harrods, Central London......
- Bit of culture
- Lyric, Richmond & Bush Theatres, Chiswick Hse, Hampton Court, museums a plenty!
- Walks in the park
- Along the river, Chiswick Hse & Grounds, walk over the bridge to Kew Gardens, see deer/horseride in Richmond Park
- Spot of exercise
- Bike ride/run along the river, exercise bike, trampoline, local Premier golf, tennis and gym club
- Day tripping
- Oxford, Cambridge, Brighton, Windsor
You may also like
Our beautiful & substantial Victorian family home was completely renovated and architecturally refitted to the highest standard last year. It is a two minute...
Location. Acorn House is situated in leafy Coombe approximately 2 miles from both Wimbledon Village the host to the famous annual tennis tournament and...