We are currently renovating several rooms throughout 2013, so only looking to swap from 2014 onwards, thank you.
Our lovely home sits in the heart of a medieval Welsh market town in North Wales, UK. This spacious family house sits within 1 acre of private informal gardens and is formerly "The Old Rectory". It sits in the heart of the town and yet is completely private and on the edge of farmland. There are many traditional features with an abundance of luxury mod cons together with views over the town to the breathtaking mountainous views of the Clwydian Range which is an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Denbigh is a small picturesque medieval market town with around 8,734 residents within a rural community. It dates back to the 11th century and boasts it's own 13th century castle with the most impressive and strongest medieval town gateways in the whole of the UK. The old town walls where the town was originally situated before the English invaded and won over the town has changed hands several times between the English and Welsh and it's most infamous residents were Welsh Princes and Edward I.
The house is sited next to a redundant church. It has two reception rooms, a kitchen/Diner, a Utility/Laundry room, 4 bedrooms, bathroom, wireless internet access, central heating, 3 separate full SKY (cable) packages, open full height hallway with solid oak stairway and a huge private 1 acre garden.
The house sits directly in the middle of the one acre plot. There are wrought iron gates at the double pillared entrance, up the driveway to the homes very own roundabout where there is ample parking for as many cars as you may wish to bring. The only fence is around the outside of the grounds which gives you 365 degree range to roam the grounds. There really is an abundance of wildlife here. We have dozens of bird species which visit the bird feeders all day long. The most ilusive of which is the great spotted woodpecker. We have many squirrels and an abundance of wild rabbit. We have 4 hens which can either be kept at the house for you to enjoy collecting your very own fresh eggs each morning or I can arrange for them to holiday at the parents! There are many tree species in the garden from apple, pear and plum fruit trees to 100ft evergreen's housing an array of tits and finches to huge 150 year old Beech trees that have preservation orders applied to them due to their age and location. There are many garden facilities, including outdoor seating, outdoor dining, BBQ and garden games.
Our home really is a private relaxing oasis, with the ease of walking to bars and restaurants whilst having the most amazing walks and views on our doorstep.
Denbigh has a mixture of both Welsh speaking and English speaking residents, although English is the first language used.
Amenities within the town itself include -
* Leisure centre, including swimming pool and Gym - 5 min walk - http://www.denbighshireleisure.co.uk/denbighfacilities.html
* Childrens park, tennis courts, crown green bowls and skate park - doorstep
* Bars and pubs - 5 mins walk -
* Restaurants (Italian, Gastro dining, Indian, Tavern's serving authentic local cuisine and a number of take away options) - 5-10 mins walk - http://www.guildhalltavernhotel.co.uk/, http://www.brookhousemill.co.uk/, http://con-amici.co.uk/, http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1096517-d1911996-Reviews-ASIA-Denbigh_Denbighshire_North_Wales_Wales.html, to name a few more include http://www.visitdenbigh.co.uk/hospitality.html and we can suggest more not located within the town but country pubs to fine dining restaurants located in nearby villages and towns.
* Supermarket - 10 mins walk
* Walks - doorstep
If you would like to venture further than the town, within 5 minutes and up to around one hours drive are the following attractions -
* Most famously the UK's second largest mountain - Mount Snowdon based in Snowdonia National Park, a real test for hardy trekkers or alternatively take the highland railway journey from the bottom to the top and even back down again! - http://www.hightrek.co.uk/snowdon1.htm - http://www.snowdonrailway.co.uk/
* The Beetles story, Ferry across the Mersey, Penny Lane etc - http://www.visitliverpool.com
* An abundance of medieval castles and market towns - http://www.northwalesattractions.co.uk/Images/Castles/Castles.htm
* Steam trains - http://www.llangollen-railway.co.uk/page.php?id=1
* Breathtaking walks - the best in the UK! - http://www.walkingnorthwales.co.uk/home.php?/Home
* Horse drawn narrowboats - http://www.horsedrawnboats.co.uk/
* Chester City - http://www.visitchester.com/
* Loggerheads National Park - http://www.visitclwydianrange.co.uk/menu/about-the-area/item/loggerheads-country-park/
* Portmeirion village - http://www.portmeirion-village.com/?lID=1
* Copper and Slate mines - http://www.syguncoppermine.co.uk/, http://www.llechwedd-slate-caverns.co.uk/
* Horse Riding - Private rides can be arranged by our neighbours with many local bridlepaths - http://www.howells.org/what-is-itu/the-centre-35.html
* Eco Theme Park - http://www.greenwoodforestpark.co.uk/
* White water rafting, Canoeing, kayaking - http://www.ukrafting.co.uk/
* Mountain Biking - http://www.mbnw.co.uk/
* Beaches, we have some of the highest rated blue flag beaches in the UK - http://www.visitwales.co.uk/regions-of-wales/coast-wales-coastline-beaches-and-islands/
* Boat rides - http://www.starida.co.uk/cruises.htm or http://www.ribride.co.uk/
*Other attractions I can think of locally include but are not limited to -
Fishing - all types available locally
Hot air ballooning
Skiing and snowboarding - dry slope open all year
Kite surfing beaches
Victorian seaside resorts with Pier
Country houses & estates
Liverpool, Everton, Manchester Utd & City football grounds
Indoor childrens centres
Ferry terminal to Ireland (2 hour catamaran trip to Dublin)
RSPB nature reserves
Pottery, ceramic and antique centres
Several horse racing courses
London is a 2hr 40 min direct train ride away
(any others not listed here, please contact me and I am sure I can find it within an hour or two)!
We have two very well travelled daughters who are 6 and 11. They are very well behaved and respectful. We are open to offers from long weekends for UK and Europe city breaks up to 7-14 day stays for warmer climates and further away stays.
We can Auto exchange if preferred and we have a 2010 7 seater Chevrolet Captiva 4x4 manual gear.