Hopefully the reviews tell you how great our home is :-) We are located in the Inverleith area of Edinburgh, on the first floor of a traditional tenement building, just a few minutes walk from the Royal Botanic Gardens and Inverleith Park. You can see the firework displays from Edinburgh Castle (every night of the Festival and at Hogmanay) from the comfort of our living room window and we are minutes away from some of the best coffee shops, bars and restaurants Edinburgh has to offer.
The flat itself is spacious, with 3.5 metre high ceilings and many traditional features, including stripped wooden floors, sash and case windows and beautiful cornicing. We have gas central heating, access to the large communal garden and a cleaner comes once a week (currently a Thursday morning, if you wish). We also have amazing neighbours, with young families.
The flat consists of:
* A spacious hallway
* A large living room with bay window, living flame gas fire, TV, Bose music system, big comfy leather sofas and several board games
* A dining kitchen, with space for 6 to eat comfortably. The kitchen is well equipped and includes a washing machine, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, kettle, toaster and microwave.
* A master bedroom, with king size bed, triple wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside tables
* A second bedroom (which we use as our daughter's room) that can be set up with 2 full size single beds, or one very large bed (with the 2 singles put together). There is also a cupboard with hanging space and a chest of drawers.
We have lived in the flat for 5 years and it is well equipped for young children. There is also a large communal area in the tenement hallway to store prams and buggies.
Other Key Facts
* We are on several regular bus routes (8, 23, 27, 14 & 21), which will take you all over the city
* It is a 30 minute walk (1.4 miles) to the middle of Princes Street, or 10 minutes by bus
* There are several cafes, take aways, 2 corner shops selling most things you may need, a great off licence and a launderette within a 3 minute walk from the flat
* There is a large supermarket (Tescos) a 15 minute walk from the flat
* We are 10 minutes walk from Inverleith Park - which has a brilliant play park for children, a large duck pond and enormous grassy areas for children to play on. It also has one of the best views of Edinburgh and is a great place to watch the many fireworks if you want to avoid the crowds. We are 15 minutes from 2 other parks (King George Park and Victoria Park)
Please note (particularly for instant bookings): Our home is non-smoking and pet free - we may accept a pet but please ask us first :-) Our home comfortably sleeps 4 adults, if there are more than 4 guests and you wish to make an instant booking please let me know in advance. If you are using points to stay for fewer than 7 nights ,and we are not staying in your home, then we ask for a small payment towards our costs for 'meet and greet', the end of stay cleaner and laundry of linens (£40). As we use a service for 'meet and greet' cleaning and check in we ask guests to arrive between 3pm and 9pm and depart by 11am. We can sometimes accommodate other timings (please just ask - we may be able to send you keys in advance, if your arrival will be particularly late) and you are welcome to store luggage until your departure.