Our home is on the second floor of a typical 1900s terrace on a quiet suburban road in the heart of West London. This is our first home together and in the two years we have lived here we have made sure that this great flat reflects our interests and needs. We are both extremely passionate about good design and architecture with what we hope is thoughtful and stylish decor. As we both lead very busy lives both through our jobs and in enjoying all the London has to offer, we have made our home somewhere to really relax and enjoy living in this fabulous city.
The road we live on is quiet as it is not a through road and so there is very little traffic and ample parking. Our flat is exceptionally light and airy with large sash windows throughout. On one side the flat looks onto 'The Ark', an iconic office building designed by Ralph Erskine, on the other we overlook a Victorian school building.
Hammersmith is a fantastic area from which to explore London which superb transport links:
• Piccadilly Circus (for Regent Street and Oxford Street), Leicester Square (for Soho) and Covent Garden are less the 20 minutes away on the Tube (Piccadilly line);
• Green Park (for Buckingham Palace) and Hyde Park are 15 minutes away on the Tube (Piccadilly line);
• Knightsbridge (for Harrods and other designer shopping) and South Kensington (for enjoying London's best museums (Science Museum, Natural History Museum and V&A together with the Royal Albert Hall) are 10 minutes away on the Tube (Piccadilly and District Lines);
• High Street Kensington and Notting Hill are a pleasant walk away or hop on one of many buses;
• For those keen on a spot of retail therapy, Westfield shopping centre is around 25 walks away;
• If you wanted to get out of London for a day trip all the main train and bus station's are easily accessible with excellent links to Oxford, Cambridge, Brighton and the Cotswolds (Kings Cross - 23 minutes; Paddington - 17 minutes; and Victoria - 15 minutes);
• For those arriving at Heathrow airport, the Tube direct to Hammersmith (Piccadilly line) takes just 35 minutes.
Hammersmith itself has lots to offer. We are moments away from a beautiful section of the river Thames, with great walks and a wide range of traditional pubs serving fantastic food and drink (of particular note The Dove). The world famous River Café is within a 10 minutes. Aside from the river, there are more fantastic pubs nearby; the Michelin starred Harwood Arms, the traditional Colton Arms, and our personal favourite (featuring a theatre!) The Curtain's Up.
The area has a good range of entertainment venues including the Hammersmith Apollo which hosts many international acts, the Lyric theatre and Riverside Studios.
For those keen on football, Chelsea (Stamford Bridge) and Fulham (Craven Cottage) football clubs are easily accessible with tickets readily available online.
We are very excited to truly experience the culture of another city. We care deeply about our home and we will be sure to treat yours as we do our own.