“We come back our first house swap in England and we are really delighted. I would recommend the house of Mike and Caroline so lovely, in the center of all tourist attractions (Birmingham, Stratford, Warwick,...we have been also in London). Mike answered us at a lot of questions about transport, tourism, house, .... We hope our future exchanges will be as great as with Mike & Caroline. Thanks to them. Bénédicte & Laurent”
Michael's reviewsAs a host (1)
Where is it?
Solihull is a lovely area with many fine restaurants, bars and shops. There are 2 large park with play areas and lakes both within 1 mile of the house and some National Trust houses and gardens nearby. It is an ideal location for anyone who wishes to travel as it has excellent road, rail and air links. It is:
- 10 minutes from Birmingham city centre (voted 9th best city in the world in the Rough Guide http://www.roughguides.com/best-places/2015/top-10-cities/)
- 25 minutes to Warwick and Kenilworth Castle (2 of the best in England) and Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon.
- 40 minutes to Ross-on-Wye
- 50 minutes to Oxford, Wales, the Cotwolds and the Peak District
- and just over an hour to London.
- It is 1 mile from Solihull Centre which has a train station, an excellent shopping centre and many bars and restaurants.
- It is also 10 minutes from Birmingham Airport and has a bus stop directly outside the house.
You may also like
Our characteristic home (314 Sqm) is a beautiful detached villa built on Leven Links Open Championship Qualifying Golf Course Near St. Andrews, just 100...
Dates from late 17th century set in lovely grounds with pond, art studio,greenhouse and double garage. In the hamlet of Portencross there are only 18 houses...
Our stunning house by the sea was renovated in 2015 to accommodate 10 very comfortably, with a huge living space with vast windows onto the sea views, with...