If you think there's a small chance you might be interested at any time in the future. Contact me now and I'll send you a link to a web page with more details and more pictures of my apartment and the neighborhood.
My apartment has a bedroom, living room, small kitchen and bathroom. I'm on the ground floor of an old 3-story brick building. It is a small community of five building with a nice courtyard and great neighbors who will welcome you.
• One bedroom, one bath.
• 670 sq ft (62 sq meters).
• Central heat (heat pump) and air conditioning.
• Dishwasher, refrigerator, gas stove/oven.
• Ceiling fan in bedroom.
• Plenty of convenient parking in large lot and on street.
• Similar one bedroom units typically rent for $1,100/mo. (See recent sales)
• Condo fee covers gas, water, trash, common area and grounds maintenance.
• Non-smoking household.
• 32in TV with cable and DVD player.
• Microwave, toaster.
• High speed Internet with wireless access (~5000Kbits).
• Coin washers(2) and dryers(2) down one floor. Wash: $0.75, Dry: $0.25/20 min.
• Computer, ink-jet color printer/scanner and laser printer.
• King-size bed.
• Futon couch folds out to two (very firm) full/double beds.
• Car available (1991 Mercedes 190E, clean and in good condition).
• Two bicycles available.
• Pets welcome. Very pet-friendly community.
• Three-story building. Apartment on the first floor, up five steps.
• Five buildings in apartment complex.
• Great neighbors - mostly single 25-40.
• Community courtyard.
I'm in the Washington DC area, 8km from the White House, just across the Potomac in Arlington, VA. I'm 0.5km from the Metro and a short drive to the city.
• Across street from Community Center.
• Public outdoor tennis, basketball courts and soccer field across the street.
• Indoor basketball and volleyball courts and community gym across the street.
• Walk to McDonalds, KFC, 7-11, pharmacy, dry cleaner, and Post Office.
• One mile (1.6km) to Ballston Common Mall.
• Casual/cheap South American, Middle Eastern, Italian, Mexican restaurants nearby.
• Two miles (3.2km) to Arlington center: Clarendon, Rosslyn, Courthouse.
• Five miles (8km) to city center (Washington Monument).
• Take Rt. 50/Arlington Blvd straight into DC. Eight minute drive with no traffic.
• 1 mile to Metro (subway) Orange line at Ballston Station. 15 mins into DC.
• Frequent buses to Ballston metro (1 mile, 1.6km) and Rosslyn metro (3 miles, 5km).
• Taxi is $15 to/from Reagan National Airport (DCA, 6 miles, 10km).
• Taxi is $20 into Washington - Red Top Cab 703-522-3333, Yellow Cab 703-522-2222.
• $3 bus from Rosslyn to Dulles Airport (IAD, 23 miles, 37km). $7 taxi to Rosslyn.
• $20 bus from downtown DC to New York City (4hrs), Philly (3hrs).
I'm male, 41 and single. I am a partner in a small company that does video production, graphic design and Internet development. I love to travel, often alone. My job allows me to be spontaneous and take a trip with little advance notice.