“My wife and I had never visited northern Michigan and wondered what it was like. This cabin provided the perfect place for us to find out. Centrally located in a string of glacial lakes with quaint small villages throughout the region all within easy reach of the cabin. When we weren't exploring the surrounding countryside we were enjoying kayaking directly from the cabin to nearby towns. We even kayaked into a village where we beached the kayaks and walked a couple of blocks to the town fudge shop to buy Good Morning America's #1 rated ice cream. Or we swung in the hammock and caught up on some reading. Or we drove a mile to a local pub for its weekly all you can eat fish dinner. The owner could not have been nicer. A fantastic gift basket with everything from a bottle of Michigan Riesling to chocolate covered cherries like you have never had before. After a misunderstanding about arrival times she accommodated us even when it was our error. Wonderful experience.”
Laurie's reviewsAs a host (1)
Where is it?
Tucked into a glacial valley and nestled in the hills of northwest Michigan, we're located on a 75-mile chain of beautiful lakes. Our 46-page welcome letter gives you lots of ideas but here are a few. Halfway between the Equator and the North Pole on the 45th Parallel:
• Wander a mile into the friendly village of Central Lake for great food and drink, a playground and a little shopping.
• Get a great facial, manicure or cut at a lakefront spa just two miles from home.
• Minutes away, visit Bellaire's restaurants, cafes, a brewpub, Schuss Mountain's championship golf courses and ski slopes; enjoy indoor putt-putt or bowling, or take in a movie.
•Dine at a renowned gourmet restaurant a few miles north of us.
• Enjoy the nearby quintessential up-north cities of Charlevoix, Petoskey, Traverse City, Alden, Elk Rapids and Gaylord: explore farmer's markets, antique shops, and galleries.
• Play at Michigan’s largest indoor water park.
You may also like
Condominium a short bike ride from University of Michigan, with double garage and every convenience.
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and 100 feet of private beach with sugar-soft sand while staying in this 5-bedroom, 3.5-bath home on nearly 4 acres of beautifully...
Our lovely ranch type home (one story)is in the heart of vibrant Traverse City, Michigan, located in the upper west corner of Michigan's Lower Peninsula,...