Two guest vacation apartment units with optional center master bedroom are available for exchange separately or together. Clean and simple the units look out on the breathtaking waterfront of Lopez Islands. Centrally located on Fisherman Bay, Islands Marine Center is a refreshing 2/3 mile walk from Lopez Village. In the heart of some of the best salmon and bottom fishing in the San Juan Islands. Also available to guests is moorage and a boat launch. A guest car is available for use. Outdoor Pool and excercise facilities are available across the street.
Accommodations in South Apartment-Unit A includes futon couch,
a color TV with DishNetwork, fireplace and deck. Full service kitchen in Unit A with Stove, oven, microwave and refrigerator; it is fully stocked with cookware and dishware. A Large dining table and chairs in adjoining room. Private bath with tub and shower located down the hall. Separate bedroom with queen size bed; a second bedroom is adjacent to livingroom, it has one single bed with one trundle bed. It's sleeping capacity is 6.
Center Apartment, Unit B - Adjoins Unitsa A or C (or both!) THIS APARTMENT CAN ONLY BE RENTED ALONG WITH UNIT A OR C. It has one queen bed and one single bed, sleeping capacity is 3.
North Apartment-Unit C. This lovely studio unit has a full kitchen with Stove, oven, microwave and refrigerator; it is fully stocked with cookware and dishware. Color TV with DishNetwork, fireplace, private bath and deck. Large dining table and chairs and comfortable Futon Couch and two single beds. Separate bathroom with shower and in unit washer and dryer. Sleeping capacity is 4.
Lopez is known as the friendliest of the San Juan Islands. There is a genuine spirit of community and a special feeling for life that pervades the population of 2200. Waving to passing motorists is a local custom, often catching the visitor off-guard. The landscape, covering 29.5 square miles, blends woods with pastoral farmlands and shimmering vistas. It is the most popular of the islands for bicycling, with relatively flat terrain, fewer cars and roads that traverse the landscape.
What’s there to do on Lopez? The answer is as much or as little as you wish to do. Walk along the beaches and trails of the many State and County Parks, go fishing, boating, kayaking, biking, sit and observe the ever present wildlife…or just lounge and read a book. Relax and enjoy the slow, casual pace of life! Here are some more ideas:
- Enjoy some of the Island's fine dining
- Browse the shops & galleries in the town village
- From May - September, enjoy the eclectic choice of wares from the many local vendors at the Farmers Market
- Follow the trail of the Weeks Wetland Preserve & enjoy the tranquility of Fisherman Bay and its wildlife
- Look back in history exploring the exhibits at the Historical Society Museum or the restored Port Stanley Schoolhouse
- Rent a bike for exploring the rolling countryside and open farmland of the island
- Explore the many tide pools at Shark Reef Park after walking in on the beautiful wooded trail
- Plan on taking home a few polished rocks of assorted colors and sizes from your visit to Agate Beach
- Visit picturesque Center Church and the Lopez Cemetery
- Kayak in protected Fisherman Bay or explore the more dramatic shoreline of the island
- Stop at Lopez Winery for a taste of the award-winning wines
- Attend a performance or a movie at the Lopez Center for Community and the Arts
- Take a day trip to one of the other islands for more shopping, dinining and scenery
- go whale watching
I am looking for a honeymoon exchange for my best friend and her future husband. They are a responsible young couple who enjoy the outdoors and would like to visit somewhere new.
Prefer somewhere sunny and warm with a car available. A timeshare/guest apartment/second home would be preferable but open to all offers.
They are looking to take thier honeymoon sometime between October 14 and January.